Sign in to follow this  
Impulse 9

Forums Update/Feedback

Also i have noticed that the forums are much slower for me now, the response time of most modules is way higher then it used to be, was the server location changed or anything?

Seems fine for me?

It was a conversion problem between avatars and photos which was split in the previous version, this version only has avatars - so some of them were lost.

Donation box in white seems quite not as an eye catcher as the old red and green one. Probably not much of a difficulty to change them, eh.

Done and Done.

Not sure if this was meant to happen or not but my avatar vanished, along with several other peoples I noticed.

Expected behavior?

yes, software change.

Not sure if this was meant to happen or not but my avatar vanished, along with several other peoples I noticed.

Expected behavior?

Yes, I lost my avatar too. Sceaduwe spent more than a hour just trying to save as many avatars as possible. Thank Sceaduwe if you did not lose your avatar!

Android, Apple, other? Odds are its a user agent problem. You should be able to manually switch theme's if you are signed in. I will charge my Android tab and check.

Android, Honeycomb. Was using Opera Mobile to browse and I'd get the old white-and-blue interface, was able to post, and it was very snappy. Now I only get the main interface, and text areas for posting don't pop up the keyboard anymore.

With the built-in browser I was able to post, but it's still the normal skin, not the simpler interface.

Much smoother, good job webteam

Edit: Just checking out everything, I found that the active posts number when hovering over the usernames are completely wrong. For everyone. Also, the image posting button kinda sucks now... it's slow and instead of showing the URL it just posts the whole photo.

Every time I try to set an avatar, it says "failed to set photo" or something like that. I've tried about 20 times to get it to work, still nothing. Also I tried to import it by URL also a fail. Its a 200x200 image. Any fix?

39sBZ.png

Edited by Slaughter
-- Filesize limits, keep your avatar under 75kb -- i9

I dont like how whenever you change pages it flashes white. Blinds me and makes me not want to use the forum. Using the latest Firefox.

edit:

Ok, figured it out. It's adblock. Turn adblock off, it works fine. Oh well, gonna just deal with the flashing crap.

Same. No problems with adblock. Only complaint is my android takes FOREVER to load the forums now on 3G.

Also, the image posting button kinda sucks now... it's slow and instead of showing the URL it just posts the whole photo.

Another forum I go to recently updated and this 'feature' was implemented. Fortunately you were able to disable it in your settings, but I don't see any ability to do that here.

Having images show like that in the post box is useless and cumbersome.

Click on the light switch in the upper left corner of your posting area.

Sample Image

photo-2300.png

Editor Differences --- Visual Editor

ex1.PNG

Editor Differences --- PlainText Editor

ex2.PNG