Sign in to follow this  
Nikov

[Regular] Nomination for Scope [2011-11-14]

44 members have voted

1. 1. Shall Scope be granted Regular status?

• Yes.
    • No.

Scope.

Those of you who know Scope may have known him for a long time. I know that I have. I first started playing Scope back in ArmA, when the world consisted of two islands connected by a geographically unlikely landbridge, ACU was new and people didn't realize how much it really sucked, and the Strykers didn't have slat armor because slat armor wasn't invented yet.

Those were the days of another server and another community, one not unlike this one, but I digress. Scope was there. Scope was in my fire team and I could always count on him, Scope was my platoon commander and I knew I was in good hands. Scope was the best fire team buddy I could hope to get, and Scope's voice on Direct VON earned him little round stamped steel packages of scrap metal lobbed through the trees. Scope was like NoDebate, only more serious, like Falcon, only less serious, like Beta, only slightly lower pitched. I shared news of my marriage with Scope. I shared news of my first and second child with Scope. I got really pissed at Scope once for taking his fire team too far forward one terrible night at 0300, and I got really worried I might have lost a friend.

Scope is not a Regular.

Correct this.

I'd vote for him if I was a regular... :biggrin:

Good luck Scope. And that was a very touching story, Nikov.

Honestly, that is a epic nomination post.

People who vote no on this hate freedom and love.

Voting yes damnit.

Maybe it's just me, but i don't see much involvement in the community from scope, i don't see him on the forums, skype, don't see him much on TS.

I hate freedom and love.

Definite yes. Scope does care about UO, I've talked to him, it was a while ago, but I talked to him.

The guy does kick ass.

Not gonna lie.

But he's not exactly active in the community. He's rarely on the forums and I only see him once in a blue moon on the server.

Scope himself decided not to become a regular iirc. Thats why hes not a regular right now. Its not lack of trying, its his personal choice. Why try to give it to someone who doesn't want it.

Voting no unless scope comes on and corrects me.

i remember its not long ago he put a vote himself and it fail. Now you nominate him again?

however i like scope but dont see a reason him being a regular. voting no

He has repeatedly told me he wasn't interested in becoming a regular, voting no.

while you story is tells me that scope is a nice chracter it does not convince me that scope needs to be a regular

i haven't seen any kind of commitment from scope to this community other than playing.

so scope i would like to know what you have done for this comunity and what you intend to do with a regularship. Níkovs story did not inform of that at all.

you can easily be a valued member of the community without being a regular.

voting no, you can still convince me otherwise

No.

He has a history of repeatedly arguing with the ingame admin with occasionally being intoxicated and disruptive.

Scope put up a poll a while ago,so that tells me he would like to be a regular.He doesn't seem all that active in the forums,but that could be considered a smart move considering the drama that can take place here.When Scope plays,he enforces the rules and plays well with respect and maturity.He basically does what regulars are suppose to do and he is known by many.I vote yes.

I would disagree militant, not posting because of drama is an excuse people use because they can't be bothered to be part of the major discussions in the community. In fact the word drama is something internet people have changed to mean causing problems that they don't want to deal with. The simple fact that every time something happens in this community, someone brings up an issue important to them or we have a huge debate/fight its tagged as drama by people too immature to take part in the discussion. In any regular normal offline social structure, the majority of the things that take place here, or the majority of the fights are legitimate concerns of people, but they get tagged as drama by people cause they don't want to deal with it.

Drama is something we created to not deal with our community issues. We had just as many fights/debates when we first started but most of the people knew each other and were mature enough to handle the issues with out dusting it under the rug as drama. This has changed, as has our community. We have taking on more of the A-Typical gaming community (like BF/PR/CS communities) that we are at the point now that if any one brings up an issue important to them they are tagged as trolls and causing drama. This is why you no longer see many of the people who started the community and a lot of people have moved on.

What does this have to do with scope. He is exactly the type of person I described above. He purposely tries to become a divisive factor in any structure he is in, whether it be small scale (arguing with SQls or in game admins) or large scale (thoughtfully and purposely causing issues at TG between IHS) For the most part scope has been quiet here, maybe its because for the most part he knows his BS won't work here, or maybe its just because people don't listen to the shit that comes out of his mouth. See at TG we had to listen to his BS CAA threads as admins, here the community can decide whether or not he has a point. Scope should not be allowed to be a regular as I see him bringing nothing to the table. I feel the results of this poll so far show that sometimes our system works....sometimes.

Boon.

You have lost your mind if you are trying to say that this forum is not drama. The posts militant is thinking of are just that....drama. Drama is very easy to define, and easier to spot....and you don't need a magnifying glass here to spot it sometimes.....

I stand by what I said. Like I said just cause the issues in some of these "drama threads" isn't important to you doesn't make them wrong.

What I typed about avoiding the forum drama in my previous post was basically a small joke.Probably would have sounded better if it was said,instead of typed.I guess I forgot the smiley faces and lol.

So what it should read as is "He doesn't seem all that active in the forums,but that could be considered a smart move considering the drama that can take place here lol :) haha"

Ultimately when it comes down to it,people have different experiences and views on other people and topics,but for the most part, my experiences with Scope in game have been positive and fun.

It's a-boat time another Canadian join our ranks eh?

I am abstaining until I hear written or verbal endorsement from Scope on his possible promotion to regular status.

Force

Regulars are members whom have a vested interest in participating within the community by way of assisting other members/regulars/new players. They are also allowed to vote in changes in operation, and suggesting procedures/topics for the rest of the regular base.

Unless such Interest is shown by the nominated member, I have no choice but to vote no, regardless of my personal opinions of any member in question.

The overwhelming interest in participation is the first most important aspect to ANY regular position.

This is not a slight at the member in question, but my opinion in regards to the role of members that are recommended into the position of Regular. They need to at least show interest in the role and state desire for participation.

Added one day to the poll completion date due to Forums being down for one day.

Was [2011-11-13]

Now [2011-11-14]