Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye

Thrustmaster MFDs Cougar for $53.18

Wh-what is this? What did I just watch?

The two small squres with 20 lit buttons are the Cougar MFDs.

(added to post #1)

Just to be clear (because the video isn't really), the cougar is just the plastic area with 20 buttons around the MFD screen - it doesn't have a screen on its own.

As such:

MFDproduct-1.jpg

However, they are awesome, especially if you have an extra monitor sitting around to put under the MFD (as in the video). Because BMS supports putting the MFD screens onto another display, it will allow you to always have your MFDs in view and usable (pretty sweet really).

Thank you BloodBane611.

Additional information the package comes with 2 MFDs, each has 20 buttons AND 4 rocker switches.

BMS does have callbacks for the bottom left rocker (Brightness) for both the left and right MFD. RADAR Gain can only be set to one rocker. I set my to the Left MFD (Top left rocker). That does leave 5 rockers free for things like AVTR on/off, gear up/dn etc. Setup is simple. BMS\Setup\Controllers, find the Mapping, select the Key (turns blue) and push the button/rocker.

Too funny... I also just got a set from Amazon for $56 shipped and also stuck them on a 15" monitor like in the video. Is that your video Hawkeye? I also place the RWR and DED on there. They really do add the game if you can't find an old monitor to use. Highly recommended!

Hawkeye,

When you say HUD, do you mean "project HUD symbology onto a colminator?" If so, willing to share your setup/parts list? If not, what DO you mean? I'm intrigued. Just got my headtracker up and running; this is starting to get "interesting."

My MFDs arrived today.

mastermode_kitteh.jpg

((Apologies in advance if that's too silly/untoward for a thread here. I was hoping for funny, but I won't be offended if a moderator deletes it.))

Hey Hawkeye,

I installed up the MFDExtractor program and was able to add a number of things including RPM, Nozzle and Fuel Qty gauges and Speedbrake and Trim indicators to my second monitor with the MFD's. I use BMS display extractor to extract the MFD's and DED and I use MFDE to extract the RWR and the above mentioned gauges. Follow the link to Viperpits.org for downloads. (http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=3376.0) You need to register though.

Heh, I was just about to post about these and then I saw this post.

Was wondering: Can you get MFD's with the screen built in? Or what would you recommend as a screen for them? There is a video on the tube of a guy that has them stuck directly onto a 27 inch monitor, not sure how he managed to split his display into three parts. Any chance of a pic of your setup?

EDIT: Seeing a lot of people are using Samsung SPF-87H which look OK as long as you can find them cheap.

Can't find any actual MFD's cheap on ebay over here though. God damn ebay.co.uk