Sign in to follow this  
PCLiPSE

VATSIM - CYYZ Ops Event - FSX

There was a CYYZ (Toronto Pearson Intl) event on VATSIM this saturday (Sept 24). YYZ was fully staffed from Delivery all the way to Toronto Centre. JFK And New York centre were online as well so i decided to do a short flight from JFK to Toronto.

FLIGHT LOG: http://vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=8410790

It was very busy over Toronto, you'll notice all the traffic displayed by TCAS on the MFD :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cCQglInLqk

Picture of the TCAS:

8Dnx6.jpg

The radio distortion sounds are extremely nicely done.

Never played FSX really but what is this? Ingame VOIP or some sort of program.

Its run through a couple programs, some for pilots and some for ATC.

This whole community is called Vatsim, look it up, its really cool if your into realistic flying.

Hey Kassa. The Voice servers are owned by VATSIM, but I believe the radio distortion is done by the program used to connect to their servers, called "Squawkbox". They also have "FSinn" but it's too complex and annoying to use, I prefer simplicity. Oh yea I forgot to post my flight log.

Here we go:

http://vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=8410790

What dash 8 do you use Pclipse? Thats one of my favorite planes, but I'm getting tired of the freeware one I have.

I don't use the Dash 8 anymore. The one I did use was a 2D cockpit. I think it was made by "Dreamwings"

However there is a nice one made by Majestic.

It is SquawkBox.

Just like ACRE...range, height and all effect it. Its pretty cool until you get someone eating their Mic, cause it will blow your eardrums out.

Good times P. I flew CYYZ to KTPA that day, EDT was 1425z. You should have signed up for the event, they are giving shit away.

Ah yeah I've seen the dreamwings one.

That mejestic one looks amazing for its price, that might be the first aircraft I buy :biggrin:

Hey Unreal,

Yea I used to be part of a virtual airline based out of Toronto here called "Porter Airlines" they operate the Q400s

Majestic has been developing the Q400 and I just noticed they've updated their development and check out these shots man! Looks amazing:

flaps-35.jpg

Setting-up-for-the-approach.jpg

radio-stack-close-up.jpg

ckpt-fo-view.jpg

Those are absolutely fantastic!

They said the Q400 should be out by Dec. 31 of this year, and I might have to wait for that haha

Those are absolutely fantastic!

They said the Q400 should be out by Dec. 31 of this year, and I might have to wait for that haha

I didn't see that post, thanks for the heads up!

wish I could do this, haha I would be the confused guy up there not knowing what to do

Its actually not that complicated, its merely a formula that you plug your information into.

If you really want, start at liveatc.net and pick an airport you like. then talk to us if you have any questions.

Its almost as addicting as playing with UO, and I love recommending it to people.

Its actually not that complicated, its merely a formula that you plug your information into.

If you really want, start at liveatc.net and pick an airport you like. then talk to us if you have any questions.

Its almost as addicting as playing with UO, and I love recommending it to people.

I have FSX, and I've looked into vatsim before

Might have to try this one out in the next couple of days, thanks unreal

And PClipse thanks for sharing

wow that's the cleanest Q400 I've ever seen!

lol Sure is man!

I have FSX, and I've looked into vatsim before

Might have to try this one out in the next couple of days, thanks unreal

And PClipse thanks for sharing

No worries Restrepo, I can guarantee you that ATC Communications is the easiest part of flying :P The ATC is there to guide you like a blind man through an obstacle course, and their terminology is always the same so you can never get lost haha. The more difficult part of flying is flying with instruments and properly flying SIDS and STARS and knowing how to read the corresponding charts that come with them.

But Flight sim is great fun :P A lot easier than real world flying, I'll tell you that haha!

No worries Restrepo, I can guarantee you that ATC Communications is the easiest part of flying :P The ATC is there to guide you like a blind man through an obstacle course, and their terminology is always the same so you can never get lost haha. The more difficult part of flying is flying with instruments and properly flying SIDS and STARS and knowing how to read the corresponding charts that come with them.

But Flight sim is great fun :P A lot easier than real world flying, I'll tell you that haha!

Haha that was my worry all along, I've never really worried about the communication.

But when I flew just for shits and giggles, it was always direct until I got vectors from the FSX ATC for an ILS landing. Now I guess I have to go out and learn more about SIDS and STARS because I'm really interested in this haha :)

Hey if you message "Odd". I sent him links and a whole load of tutorials and shit that will be more than enough for VATSIM, so message him he'll help you out. Consider him my flight sim apprentice :P <3 Odd

LOL

He has me addicted to this game and VatSim...

Haha, well ill PM you Odd once I get fsx reinstalled. My disk drive decided to stop working the day I want to install it again haha so I either need to buy a new one or fix it somehow. Either way ill let you know