Sign in to follow this  
Rich

New Show Similar to "The Unit"

I've talked to a couple people in Teamspeak who also think The Unit is the single best TV show ever to be aired in all of television history. Ever. Unfortunately it was cancelled a couple years ago because.. Well, there's no good reason as to why such a great show was cancelled. However, apparently Jerry Bruckheimer is working on a new series that's supposedly very similar to The Unit, except instead of CAG the focus will be on Navy SEALs. I know, I know, the Osama thing, but still..

http://screenrant.com/jerry-bruckheimer-navy-seals-tv-show-yman-128761/

Name and premiere date are yet to be released, but it's going to be aired on ABC. I really truly hope the show is well written and well put together. I just wish they'd bring Dennis Haysbert on.. he was great in The Unit.

Edit: CAG, not Rangers.

The Unit was about CAG, not Rangers, bro.

Anywho,

Jerry Bruckheimer is a pretty hit-or-miss director with me. Some of his movies (The Rock, Black Hawk Down) have been phenomenal, while the rest are just obscure box-office garbage. Depending on who he has producing and advising to the show, this could be a really good TV show or a complete disaster.

Mind you, one of the things that made The Unit a fantastic show is that one of the executive producers (Eric Haney) was a founding member of CAG and so had plenty of creative/factual insight. The little things are what made The Unit a fantastic TV show, and Haney made sure those little things found their way into the show. Bruckheimer is definitely going to need a former SEAL onboard his project or it's extremely likely to flop.

The Unit failed because it became Desperate Housewives with guns.

Seriously.

The first few episodes were pretty decent, but it became cookie-cutter and more soap opera/soap box than action tv.

Drove me nuts.

The Unit was all right but I couldnt take David Palmer(thats the only name I know for him other than allstate dude) serious half the time. Whenever something bad happened I imagined him "saying are you in good hands?"

I always wondered why the President was off shooting people...

I always remembered him from 24.

I wanna bang macks wife

She'd probably let you. Hell, she let Colonel Ryan.