Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye

[Charter Amendment] Resignations [2011-08-02]

Add resignation amendments to the Charter   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Add to the Charter - see below

• Yes
    • No

Voting no... This policy makes it seem like throwing tantrums and rage quitting because someone pissed in your cheerios or you didn't get what want is acceptable behavior. "Oh don't worry <name>, if he makes you angry just act like a child and rage quit so he knows your serious, then just say 'Never Mind' before 72 hours are up." If you want to have a drama fest and resign then by all means please do and accept the consequences, when you are trying to be voted back in I will take those actions into account instead of people just having an unlimited get out of jail free card.

Voting no... This policy makes it seem like throwing tantrums and rage quitting because someone pissed in your cheerios or you didn't get what want is acceptable behavior. "Oh don't worry <name>, if he makes you angry just act like a child and rage quit so he knows your serious, then just say 'Never Mind' before 72 hours are up." If you want to have a drama fest and resign then by all means please do and accept the consequences, when you are trying to be voted back in I will take those actions into account instead of people just having an unlimited get out of jail free card.

That's a very valid point, there.

Mongo,

I did think that a 72 hour window could lead to bad behavior. It could happen. If it does I will be the first to recommend a Charter change. Nothing is written in stone.

If a Regular does act poorly for 72 hours is that someone we want as a Regular? I do not think it would be hard to garner the votes needed to vote him/her out.

I would rather believe in the better character of our Regulars. The question before us is very simple. Do you believe in extending grace?

You can always put a poll to have them removed if you think they behaved unacceptably.

This is pretty much my thought - which is why I think its unnecessary at best and at worst a way to exploit the dignity of the polling and charter system.