Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye

[Charter Amendment] Resignations [2011-08-02]

Add resignation amendments to the Charter   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Add to the Charter - see below

• Yes
    • No

I believe we should consider making amendments to our Charter to protect Regulars and Officers from themselves. Sometimes regrettably, drama on TeamSpeak and the Forums can reach a fever pitch resulting in resignations as Regulars and Officers that, had there been a cooling off period may never been made. In my state there is a three day period after signing a contract that allows for retraction. I would suggest a three day cooling off period to allow a Regular or Officer to reconsider any resignations that may have been made in haste. I think it is a positive sign of a maturing community when that community is willing to extend grace.

(Add under… 5.2 – Regulars)

5.2.8 Any Regular may resign their position as a Regular by post in the UO Forum. The resignation takes effect in 72 hours unless said Regular retracts their resignation by post in the UO Forum.

(Add under… 5.3 – Officers)

5.3.9 Any Officer may resign their position as an Officer by post in the UO Forum. The resignation takes effect in 72 hours unless said Officer retracts their resignation by post in the UO Forum.

Guest austucker

Can't help laghing at this but agree with krause if some want it then don't see any reason not to have it :) would vote yes

If they can't do it by their own strength of will, they can live with their decision.

"When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred." Thomas Jefferson

yes good quote jackal I wonder if he did that before beating his slaves lol

He had sex with them remember

yes good quote jackal I wonder if he did that before beating his slaves lol

Jefferson didn't beat his slaves, he impregnated them...come on now.

Probably would have saved me as a Regular. In fairness to Krause, he offered to wait three days before accepting my resignation of Regular status but I was not in the mood to wait.

Voted no. I don't think people need to be coddled. In fact, I strongly disagree with the premise on which this amendment is based.

If people decide to quit being Regulars while in an emotional state, that's fine with me. Then they have to live with the consequences. Maybe they'll learn something from it.

See no real reason to vote no. Don't really see a reason a vote yes either. Regulars that quit can always come back with a vote. I don't really see a reason for another poll.

Not voting.

Voted yes

People get angry when the internet llama drama comes around. It gives them weird ideas and sayings.

3 days should be good enough for the llama drama to ride on out

We are all human, and people make mistakes, even more so when you get emotionally involved with something such as this community.

The point i'm getting at is that when people are mad they generally do and say things that they don't mean. This extra time gives the person a much need "cooldown" period so they can get back to there senses.

Yes.

If you think about it, if a person makes an irrational resignation, only to realize a day later they weren't thinking, then we have to go through another regular poll (in theory) to vote them back in. Do you really want to have to do that every time a person, in the heat of their moment, resigns from a position?

I'd rather there be a cool down period so they can either confirm their resignation, or retract it. I don't see how this is coddling; I'd even go to say that the lack of a cool down would be punishing their irrational impulses (IMO).