Jack Bauer

OSAMA IS DEAD

Seriously guys... The war over seas is enough. We don't need one on these forums. Its getting childish.

Infidel.

Seriously guys... The war over seas is enough. We don't need one on these forums. Its getting childish.

It shows you haven't been around long.

Although your optimistic attempt at placating these forum members is refreshing. :(

im soo glad and happy that the evil devil called bin laden is dead. we should celebrate :(

why dont we create a coop mission killing bin laden lol

40 player coop killing 5 ais inside a house?sounds like fun :(

TvT the shit out of that and you've got a deal. I'm trying to figure out if the Osama slot will be avoided like a Plt Co slot of fought over like a Sniper slot.

It shows you haven't been around long.

Although your optimistic attempt at placating these forum members is refreshing. :P

Been around for about 2 and half week :(

I try to keep the peace :P

Lets do it! but put a 10 year timer on it though as it took 10 years to complete the mission:s

I expect this mission up and running by tonight, ZZEZ, you have work to do.

Heard reports saying it was a "25 man commando team". Apparently, they had to cram 25 people into a Blackhawk along with the body.

I'm thinking 2BH birds w/gunners, two 6 man Seal teams, OBL, 3 armed guards and a female civ unit.

24 slots

Blue: 2 pilots, 4 crew (optional slots), Squad lead, 2 FTL's, 6 operators, 2 saws, 2 medics.

Opfor: OBL, 3 insurgent regulars, 1 female civ.

Bluefor gets full HSLD kit (leave out flashbangs/nades/gas probably). Opfor gets 2 AK74, 2 AKM, 4 mags each no nades.

Probably mountains of takistan or the afganistan hill map.

Bluefor flyes in and fastropes into compound, but opfor can't move from starting positions until bluefor is within 200m of the compound (simulates surprise and prevents too complicated an ambush setup).

Mission conditions:

Bluefor Win:

1a. Kill enemy combatants with no casualties.

1b. Bonus points for not killing civ. (IE, you are permitted a single KIA to still win)

1c. Capture of OBL permits additional KIA.

2. Extract with OBL body via choppers. (load body into BH's)

3. 30 Min time limit.

Opfor "Win":

1. Prevent OBL extraction for 30 mins. (pakistan locals are alerted and army jets come to investigate preventing safe extract)

2. Kill Bluefor (civ condition exceptions)

Mabye play with the amount of Bluefor KIA's permitted if it's too hard for bluefor to win, but the intent is unless bluefor is HSLD, they will probably lose to simulate the difficulty of this op.

Either way, gonna be a great small team hard TVT map. Should put it on all servers so we can all get a chance to play it.

What Ham is trying to say in a nut shell may be this.

Because of our actions, there was a reaction, that caused a lot of deaths....

Because of Saddam mass murdering the Kurds, and His people, using mustard and Biological weapons on His own people, because He was funding and hiding terrorists....that we are at fault for this.....

I find a flaw in that.

This is not a Utopian world.....Utopia sounds good on paper, but never works....to think that this world is just, and everyone is free with actions and act in according to good will 100% of the time is flawed. Saddam was a mad man....HIS actions, cause an effect of His Death.

The terrorist setting off IEDs, killing informants, bombing government buildings, bombing police stations, killing Iraqi Police and Army members.....if the DIRECT FAULT of the IRAQI INSURGENTS>>>>>NOT AMERICA....

America has forced none of that on anyone. It is the persons will and mentality that tell them to do that. There are other ways that this could be argued but it really just kinda blends into itself.

The Iraq issue is a fucking mess, yes Sir. Did America cause all those deaths? No Sir.

If I go and take a trip to your house Ham, and bitch slap you.....is that the fault of the UO forums for getting an issue/debate started that I didn't agree with?

Would you blame UO? Or would you blame the person that freely took at trip, made His mind to do something, and assault you?

This is a broad generalization of the whole, but the same cause and effect issue at hand. Your argument makes no sense.

I don't know if it is envy, or just a broad dislike for our ways, but your view on America could not be any wronger. Yes, we have had not so..."Media Friendly" leaders....but that takes away from the mission, and the goal.

I take none of your argument seriously and actually now think that it is fueled more by ignorance that you should bring up that whole fucking oil thing.

What people fail to realize is this. If we wanted Iraqs oil, Irans oil, or anyone elses....we would take it. Your country, nor any other would be able to stop it. Not a thing.

We have not done this, we will not do this, nor have it even been brought up. Yes oil is a national interest, and we will not allow a fucking madman to fuck it up even more than it already is....but we did not go there for oil. If we had, I would be paying .67 cents a gallon now instead of $4.

So get your argument straight, stop supporting this idea of terrorist getting the same treatment that others do. Because they don't, they never will, and they will continue to be shot dead. They are a disease much like looters....which are also classified as shoot on sight.

This could have easily been in your country...and taken place there, and Americas reaction would have been the same. I could care less about a countries sovereignty over an issue like this, and America proved it.

A long time ago we told the world this word means shit to us in this endeavor....It means shit because if we asked and begged to get anything done with other countries like....Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt, Libya, Syria and countless others that KNOWINGLY harbor criminals/terrorists, nothing will get done ever...

So please just get over it, and pray your country is not "allowing" someone to live it up in a mansion either.

What Ham is trying to say in a nut shell may be this.

Because of our actions' date=' there was a reaction, that caused a lot of deaths....

Because of Saddam mass murdering the Kurds, and His people, using mustard and Biological weapons on His own people, because He was funding and hiding terrorists....that we are at fault for this.....

I find a flaw in that.

This is not a Utopian world.....Utopia sounds good on paper, but never works....to think that this world is just, and everyone is free with actions and act in according to good will 100% of the time is flawed. Saddam was a mad man....HIS actions, cause an effect of His Death.

The terrorist setting off IEDs, killing informants, bombing government buildings, bombing police stations, killing Iraqi Police and Army members.....if the DIRECT FAULT of the IRAQI INSURGENTS>>>>>NOT AMERICA....

America has forced none of that on anyone. It is the persons will and mentality that tell them to do that. There are other ways that this could be argued but it really just kinda blends into itself.

The Iraq issue is a fucking mess, yes Sir. Did America cause all those deaths? No Sir.

If I go and take a trip to your house Ham, and bitch slap you.....is that the fault of the UO forums for getting an issue/debate started that I didn't agree with?

Would you blame UO? Or would you blame the person that freely took at trip, made His mind to do something, and assault you?

This is a broad generalization of the whole, but the same cause and effect issue at hand. Your argument makes no sense.

I don't know if it is envy, or just a broad dislike for our ways, but your view on America could not be any wronger. Yes, we have had not so..."Media Friendly" leaders....but that takes away from the mission, and the goal.

I take none of your argument seriously and actually now think that it is fueled more by ignorance that you should bring up that whole fucking oil thing.

What people fail to realize is this. If we wanted Iraqs oil, Irans oil, or anyone elses....we would take it. Your country, nor any other would be able to stop it. Not a thing.

We have not done this, we will not do this, nor have it even been brought up. Yes oil is a national interest, and we will not allow a fucking madman to fuck it up even more than it already is....but we did not go there for oil. If we had, I would be paying .67 cents a gallon now instead of $4.

So get your argument straight, stop supporting this idea of terrorist getting the same treatment that others do. Because they don't, they never will, and they will continue to be shot dead. They are a disease much like looters....which are also classified as shoot on sight.

This could have easily been in your country...and taken place there, and Americas reaction would have been the same. I could care less about a countries sovereignty over an issue like this, and America proved it.

A long time ago we told the world this word means shit to us in this endeavor....It means shit because if we asked and begged to get anything done with other countries like....Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt, Libya, Syria and countless others that KNOWINGLY harbor criminals/terrorists, nothing will get done ever...

So please just get over it, and pray your country is not "allowing" someone to live it up in a mansion either.

[/quote']

Odd this post is so full of America fuck yea and world police that I'd think you're being sarcastic. Unfortunately you're not.

Anyway, one less terrorist in the world is a good thing. Hope those affected by his terror attacks find solace in knowing he's been rightly punished.

The terrorist setting off IEDs' date=' killing informants, bombing government buildings, bombing police stations, killing Iraqi Police and Army members.....if the DIRECT FAULT of the IRAQI INSURGENTS>>>>>NOT AMERICA....

[/quote']

Direct fault of the US? Probably not. Direct result of the US occupation? Most definitely.

Just to make it clear for you Odd, I'm arguing on three fronts: the first is that George W. Bush and his administration are terrorists as well and they should be punished for the harm they've done to their own nation, to the nations of Afghanistan and Iraq and to the world at large. My second point is also that no enemy deserves assassination however heinous the crime; Hideki Tojo killed MILLIONS but he was given a trial, nazis massacred millions of jews and undesirables but most of them were given trials. History is full of examples thousands of times worse than Osama Bin Laden yet they were given trials.

My third and most important point is that it's sickening how some Americans are celebrating this event, in media and in public.

Here's a choice quote from MLK: "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

-Martin Luther King, Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Has American culture devolved to the point where the norm is accepting the abuse of human rights, the killing of thousands just for material goals and fake "moral" goals? I understand that your government (like any superpower) would do it (and has been doing it for the last 80 years) but I never would have thought that ordinary Americans would lose sight of their perspective like this.

Just to make it clear for you Odd' date=' I'm arguing on three fronts: the first is that George W. Bush and his administration are terrorists as well and they should be punished for the harm they've done[/quote']

They can't be punished. Legally. Both the Iraqi and Afghan government have signed some sort of accord which basically prevents anyone from prosecuting them for any violation of human rights that has happened in the two countries.

I understand that your government (like any superpower) would do it (and has been doing it for the last 80 years) but I never would have thought that ordinary Americans would lose sight of their perspective like this.

Ham, you have to keep in mind that an event of the magnitude like what happened that fateful September was something the USA never experienced before. That, unfortunately, will scar an entire culture, especially one as young as the US.

It can be seen on a smaller scale with other older countries.

Ham' date=' you have to keep in mind that an event of the magnitude like what happened that fateful September was something the USA never experienced before. That, unfortunately, will scar an entire culture, especially one as young as the US.

[/quote']

This is definitely true, but events like this one shouldn't hamper peoples' abilities to maintain their civility and objectiveness in regards to such important events. Plus, this sets a precedent for American foreign policy and mainstream public opinion regarding "enemies" of the USA or it's allies. A precedent of "let's just kill the animals", a precedent that ignores past America's insistance of due process for it's enemies.

Plus' date=' this sets a precedent for American foreign policy and mainstream public opinion regarding "enemies" of the USA or it's allies. A precedent of "let's just kill the animals".

[/quote']

I don't really agree with that, because that's pretty much what happened since the start of the Cold War. Propaganda in the USA has always been very active, and I know I'm generalising things a lot, but overall the US populace has always been incredibly passionate. And propaganda is much more effective when you tend to act before you think.

Not that it's less effective otherwise: well-crafted propaganda is always insidious.

The sad thing about all of this is that some of the greates crimes the US commited over the years (I'm not talking just torture, but instating dictators and toppling democratically elected governemnts: i.e. ruining entire countries) were done so while the population was led to believe they were doing this for the good of all.

Luckily, once evidence is clearly shown, most will stop supporting such practice and punish those that do so, but those that order certain things will usually go unpunished.

Ham' date=' you have to keep in mind that an event of the magnitude like what happened that fateful September was something the USA never experienced before. That, unfortunately, will scar an entire culture, especially one as young as the US.

[/quote']

This is definitely true, but events like this one shouldn't hamper peoples' abilities to maintain their civility and objectiveness in regards to such important events. Plus, this sets a precedent for American foreign policy and mainstream public opinion regarding "enemies" of the USA or it's allies. A precedent of "let's just kill the animals", a precedent that ignores past America's insistance of due process for it's enemies.

Shouldn't, but they do. Call it the human flaw, condition, or what ever you want.

It's easy for us to stay objective when your looking from the outside in but when your brought up with the patriotism like that in the States and I would go as far to say that out of all of our countries the US instil the greatest sense of country then any other. The truth is, when something like that happens to a country, the majority do not care how the perpetrators are killed, as long as they are. Hell, just look at Ireland, 80 odd years on and some people still hate the British, should they be able to think objectively, yes, do they, no.

His judgement was made a long time ago. He was just delaying his execution.

Unless you believed his life should have been spared, for whatever reason you might have.... , theres no point to still be arguing all this nonsense.

I didn't know Al-Qaeda numbered in the tens of millions.

My statement is not limited to Al-Qaeda. Lets not forget about radicals in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Lebanon, etc.

You should know that an extreme majority of muslims wanted Bin Laden dead for his crimes against the U.S that led to a war in Afghanistan.

Thats true. You should also know that are 1.5 billion muslims on this planet. Look at my statement, again. I said millions.

Nice bigotry though.

Don't be a cunt.

My second point is also that no enemy deserves assassination however heinous the crime; Hideki Tojo killed MILLIONS but he was given a trial, nazis massacred millions of jews and undesirables but most of them were given trials. History is full of examples thousands of times worse than Osama Bin Laden yet they were given trials.

So what are you saying? Osama should have been tried? We would have done so gladly, if he had come out with his hands up when he heard the SAD team busting down his door. Instead he chose to grab an AK and fight back. Live by the gun, die by the gun.

I'm pretty much agree with everything Ham is saying..

Osama is either dead ~10 years ago due to a lung problem or is still alive. This headline is bullshit in my opinion. This coming from a fellow American, I don't believe what most of the government is actually true. They lied to us in the past, why wouldn't they continue?

Think about this for a second, why wound they dump some body in the water after a ~10 year man hunt? Helicopter mechanical error my ass. This is the common bullshit that most Americans fall for.. isn't it a little ironic for something like that to happen? Why in the ocean? Maybe Osama's family wanted the body.. as they did was Saddam's body..

I'm not a supporter of Osama, but I don't believe this man has anything to do with events such as 9/11. A little researching proves that 9/11 was an inside job by the US, not going to lie. I personally believe that the US is using this man to get into the rich counties in the middle east for it's valuable resources. I think he's a freedom fighter, does not mean I am in support of him. The only time I'll believe he's actually dead is if I see his body. A photoshopped photo won't cut it.

Did anyone forget when Bush announced they had/killed Ladin?

This thread should've been never made to be completely honest.. it'll be WWIII in here sooner or later..

@DC

Your fucking kidding right? You have to be joking.