Impulse 9

Ban - Mienke

Game Disruption during training events. Stealing assets, Team Killing.

We were teaching several people how to use the radio on the alt server.

He came in and disregarded every warning to stop the Shens with planes and helo's. Then went on the kill everyone that was teaching/ being taught 3 times in a row with explosives.

ID=1408385

Perm Ban pending Review

Wasn't he banned previously already for disruptive behaviour?

Oh, also wow.

He's a .... troublesome player alright

There's no 'review' for perma-ban for such behaviour. Instant perma-ban. Don't even let him close our part of cyberspace again. Preferably not ArmA2 on ANY server.

Some clarification. There was no real stealing assets, it was not listening to the Instructors repeated instructions to keep said air assets away from us as we were trying to teach.

It takes alot to piss me off to the point where I will push for a ban.

cliffs notes:

Barnes(admin)& Myself teaching some newbies the basics.

Mienke shows up and asks for a bird. I tell him we are teaching and to keep it away from base, response is "ok". Mienke proceeds to toss nades at bird cause it is the wrong one, asks for A10.

We spend the next 15mins telling him to fly somewhere else. He lands.

Mienke then shows up at the range where we are and messes with Clay Pigeon launcher, grabs AT4, and yells watch this while aiming at his feet less then 10 from us. Barnes & Myself yell at him no, Mienke questions us why he cant do it, is given first stern warning.

Barnes leaves due to bad weather.

I take the guys back to hanger to avoid Mienke's shens.

Hawkeye shows up and helps, Proceed with training near ammo boxes.

Mienke shows up, large explosion, everyone dies. Respawn, large explosion, die.

Check map Stats, -2 Mienke for me, take screenshot, explosion, die, kick.

ArmA2OA2011-04-2720-34-43-32.jpg

One of the first few times I saw him on the server it was on a mid-day messing around in Insurgency, I saw him shooting the tail of the Littlebird causing it to crash but since he and the pilot told me they were friends and just messing around I specifically told them not to do it again and since they're new I won't kick them for that incident.

Now thats clear - I would hope that Mienke posts his side of the story because by the look of it its intentional griefing and my impression from him is that he is a 'herp derper' not a griefer.

He has 48 hours to write an appeal. Not an apology, an appeal of why he did this stuff with a valid argument. Failing that, since he is NOT a Regular I see no need for any recourse thus he can join the ranks of the perma-banned.

Even if he writes an appeal, depending on the content and arguments presented, if its not of a sound mind or makes sense then he is no longer welcome. I thought he was just a stupid kid that annoys the shit out of me but didn't cause any harm. I've been wrong before.

Mienke should be banned. This is the first time since being at UO I have ever considered this.

First I heard Marvin warn Mienke. Then as Marvin said I was training two guys when we were killed at the crates. I saw Marvin killed several times on spawn, each time in less than a second. Then Mienke entered the hanger I let him know he was about to be banned to which he replied he did nothing. When I told him there was evidence he changed his story to “I was not told”.

PROs should contact other communities with the info and his UID. Why let him spam others without warning?

You should put me on trial, and select a jury (containing of trapdoor and sovietpolarbear)

Well. There you go. A moron.

Nice explanation...I am sure Trapdoor and Soviet love being associated with your acts, thank God that they don't act like you do in the server.

This is the last time I'm going to bat for Mienke.

The guy is a dumbass. I mean it in all literal senses of the word. He's dumb. He's an ass. In the time I've seen him play here, I've noticed that he really doesn't seem to care what people think about him. He's not afraid to step on toes. Either he's unafraid or stupid. He possesses some basic characteristics of a troll, with his catch-phrase "Death Before Dishonor". Everyone's heard it and we hate him for it.

For all of his fallible points, for which there are many, I do have to say that he's had his moments however. I've seen him step-up to lead when he really didn't have any desire/need to. He's got the raw potential, he's just immature about it.

I think a perma-ban is a bit excessive. He's screwed around in the past, but nothing so over the top as to require a smackdown.

I'd suggest a two month ban. Still a longterm ban, but he'll realize what the other servers are like and how they compare to UO. We're a fairly unique community and I think that if anything will change his mind, it's the fact that there really isn't any other place like us out there. At least that's easily accessible. If he doesn't change his attitude by the time he comes back, if he chooses to, then by all means, off with his head.

So we are to give passes now to people that screw over trainings and that have been warned before? Lets remember this is not just a one time thing. He was warned, and warned in the past, and He still proceeds.

How much are we going to bend? I understand your issue with freely perm banning people, but even His reply to this thread was just a huge "fuck you".

I say we extend His sentiment and move on.

Why not a "Perm" ban no less than x months that continues unless and until he appeals for parole?

I am all for a player maturing but why lift a ban without cause? Either appeal the ban like Zedic said or appeal for parole after a minimum period.

Fine,

Lol....meet you half way. He can appeal after 3 months....

Odd for President.....

TOUGH ON CRIME!!!!!!!!

Two months is optimum.

Any longer and you begin to lose interest in the game or item that you were originally banned from and the ban really loses effect past that point.

At least in my opinion.

Or' date='.... we just put this all behind us

[/quote']

I don't think you quite get it, do you?

See you in a couple months.

Mienke obviously does not want to appeal, nor, based on the evidence, should he be given any reason to.

The fact that he now is trolling his ban thread is enough evidence for me to consider a perma-ban. Yes, 2 months would be fine for someone who perhaps felt repentant or appealed at least, but this kid is simply trolling. his. own. ban. thread.

I push for a perma-ban and immediate ban from the forums. Please, stop him whilst hes atleast somewhat ahead (or atleast not so far behind)

changed Mienke's post settings to require moderator approval. This should eliminate his trolling in the forums while giving him an opportunity to still speak if he elects to state something constructive.

I rescind my previous statements.

I think a perma-ban is probably the best option.