Mikee

Retextured Special Forces in BlackOp camo for modpack - 5 MB [10-5-11]

i would prefer to keep our modpack clear of clutter' date=' for example we have a female face skin that was also added. Whens the last time you saw that.

[/quote']I use the female face skin so ppl that play with me see it often tbh. B)

I'm with adding more units but these look horrible, the BlackOps units in Schnapsdrosel's pack look much better.

I'm with adding more units but these look horrible' date=' the BlackOps units in Schnapsdrosel's pack look much better.

[/quote']

BlackOps units in Schnapsdrosel's pack are also about 130 MB, which is why they didn't pass. Also, did you guys see that I mentioned bad quality of my screenshots? Download the units, and see it yourself. You can't have super, extra, sexi textured units of 5 MB size... These units are not looking bad at all in game. Perfect for night missions.

I know you're gonna hate me for this Mikee, but at night, when you're not going to see the skins anyway, why does it matter?...

During most night missions [especially WACs], I could be wearing a neon pink tutu with green trim and a yellow tophat and the only person who'd know the difference is the Russian who screamed in horror as I empty my magazine into him.

And that's because of the muzzleflash.

I know you're gonna hate me for this Mikee' date=' but at night, when you're not going to see the skins anyway, why does it matter?...

During most night missions [especially WACs'], I could be wearing a neon pink tutu with green trim and a yellow tophat and the only person who'd know the difference is the Russian who screamed in horror as I empty my magazine into him.

And that's because of the muzzleflash.

Night missions was an example. I would like to use these during the day.

I can think of a few uses for these skins' date='

DEA

DELTA

USSOCOM

SWAT

IceCream Men

[/quote']

They're hideous, but I would welcome variety into missions. I'm pretty tired of seeing woodland BDU everywhere.

More bloatware that will be used about four times and forgotten about. No doubt it will pass and never get removed from the modpack.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid, but all the little used crap we have must mount up to a sizeable chunk of stuff even if individually its only a few mb,, which isn't really fair on those with download limits or smaller ssds. The size of various severs' mod packs put me off playing on alot of arm servers for a while; who wants to download hours worth of stuff to discover we're all a bunch of pricks then uninstall it all again?

I'd have much more sympathy if people said I'd like to use them in X,Y and Z mission instead of this placeholder I'm using ATM.

I'd have much more sympathy if people said I'd like to use them in X' date='Y and Z mission instead of this placeholder I'm using ATM.

[/quote']

IAJT, with all the respect. I wrote somewhere in this thread, that I will use them in at least 3 missions of my Revolution 1985 campaign on Everon. I'm sure they will be also used in variety of other missions, such us for SWAT, DEA or other special forces. Also like I said, download them first. My screenshots were compressed into much lower resolution. They can be even used as bad guys. Why do we always have to use Spetsnaz for enemy SF?

More bloatware that will be used about four times and forgotten about. No doubt it will pass and never get removed from the modpack.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid' date=' but all the little used crap we have must mount up to a sizeable chunk of stuff even if individually its only a few mb,, which isn't really fair on those with download limits or smaller ssds. The size of various severs' mod packs put me off playing on alot of arm servers for a while; who wants to download hours worth of stuff to discover we're all a bunch of pricks then uninstall it all again?

I'd have much more sympathy if people said I'd like to use them in X,Y and Z mission instead of this placeholder I'm using ATM.

[/quote']

THIS. WORD FOR WORD. THIS.

can you guys name more bloatware save women units and winter units we have? You act like the modpack is exploding in size.

I personally believe that under the category of "Special Forces" skins we are adding the wrong units. As someone who specializes in making Spec Op meeshuns, I do not think I will use these. I would rather see old DCU spec op skins (like what were and still are used in Afghanistan) or possibly spec op BDU's with boonie hats. I personally have not seen all black skins used in the battlefield. They ARE used by SWAT and law enforcement, but I don't see myself making any of these kinds of meeshuns.

http://www.militaryspot.com/gallery/data/519/seal.jpg

http://freedomremembered.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/vaccaro.jpg

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/809/s12lk1tw3.jpg

http://www.charmaineyoest.com/uploads/Dietz_danny_navy_seal_weapon_yoest.jpg

http://discovermilitary.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/US_Navy_SEALs_in_from_water.jpg

http://image10.webshots.com/11/9/5/12/125290512kDKjla_ph.jpg

http://c481901.r1.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/seals.jpg

Force

You, others and me would vote yes, however...

We are having a problem to pass 5 MB file to be added into our modpack. Now, imagine making a poll for 109 MB file... Good luck :P. azzwort would have rage or heart attack. Right azzwort? :D

Voted yes until someone explains to me why it's bad for our health to have this pack.

You' date=' others and me would vote yes, however...

We are having a problem to pass 5 MB file to be added into our modpack. Now, imagine making a poll for 109 MB file... Good luck :P. azzwort would have rage or heart attack. Right azzwort? :D

[/quote']

I concur. I would *MUCH* rather add the SpecOps/Mercs/BlackOps/OpFor pack but, for now, I'll take what I can get. Maybe Mikee, you could include a friendly amendment stating that, if we ever managed to get the bigger pack to pass (fat chance) you'd have this smaller pack removed in favor of the larger?

You' date=' others and me would vote yes, however...

We are having a problem to pass 5 MB file to be added into our modpack. Now, imagine making a poll for 109 MB file... Good luck :D. azzwort would have rage or heart attack. Right azzwort? :D

[/quote']

as previously stated size isn't my main issue on this. I just don't feel it'll get used. If i'm right, and this passes and doesn't get used, i feel well within my right to rub it in all your faces...just sayin.

Still no.

Abstaining from voting since I don't really care about the suggested units. Not *against* it though with only 5MB download, but won't miss 'em either so to say.

Idea.....yep, another one....

Can we get a thread up, and then one person manage it, and we can list all the addons that people think are no good, or not used, then we can maturely, debate on weather or not to remove them, rather then just have this stuff flare up in random threads, that have nothing to do with the actual thread?

I would like to see a post made, that the first reply is the addon, then next to it, what is it used in.

Then people could see everything that people have issues with, and without getting all fucking childlike, we can vote/discuss to keep or remove them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CLICK BELOW

HERE

Please keep this mature, and lets try to actually get something done. Not argue. Thanks.

Just wanted to let you know that we need 75% for it to pass. So, if you want to give this mod a chance, you can still change your vote for yes.

I can assure you that these units will be used in at least 3 missions of my campaign.