Azametric(IRL)

IL2 Sturmovik 1946

ok - This game is greatness itself.

There has been a little bit of IL2 / Wings of prey talk on these forums recently. Just to set the record straight - IL2 is the far better game.

Wings of prey for a fiver is a great deal and so worth the money (5€, not 30€ - I paid 30€ and was sooo dissapointed)- It has sooooo much eye candy but having flown in IL2 for around 5 years, one gets the feeling that certain planes just dont handle like they should when playing ***.

The deal is on for the next 21 hrs. - -Buy IT!!!!! - no regrets, Aza Promises.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6r1ZZnx64

Azametric, you posted video from il2 1946, which is not IL2 Sturmovik that is on sale.

"Azametric, you posted video from il2 1946, which is not IL2 Sturmovik that is on sale. "

Look again my boy, look again.

There is a very big red "1946" under where it says IL2 Sturmovik.

and Soupy is *cough correct. ( DL the newest version of Ultra pack and run the updater ... that might do it.)

For clarification - 1946 is the complete collection. IL2 sturmovik, forgotten battles, pacific fighters & Sturmoviks over manchura in one release ( may have forgotten something)

I have 4.09 and Ultrapack 2.01 however I got the latest ultra pack patch which allows you to play on 4.10 server while disabling all the ultrapack stuff because as of now a patch hasn't been released to make the two compatible with each other.

If you have this game, get Hyperlobby, it sorts out all of your server joining problems. You will find me on Skies of Valour. ^_^

1946 is the complete set wherever you buy it I imagine - I dont know what problems steam will bring though regarding mods/patches/multiplayer.

Im trying to get up and running with a new install and patching to 4.10. I've had to update securom because its the european/UK version (bloody securom) but now I have a strange bug where my view keeps locking down and right. I can move it a little but then it jumps back. I'm reinstalling and I've tried remapping most/all of my controls but I don't know. It's really annoying.

[EDIT] By the way, the next iteration (and next generation) will be out relatively soon - "Storm of War - Battle of Britain" : http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17768

[EDIT2] Fixed the bug. It was freetrack, even though it wasnt running. You have to disable track IR in IL2's config or start up freetrack and recentre.

Why would a cracked version be the only other option PCLiPSE?

When I played this pretty regularly before with hyberlobby and all, there was rarely ever anyone flying coop. Is this still the case? I'd be very interested in flying coop missions if there are any.

I think the plan is to set up our own meeshuns Judge. So COOP and PvP will be dependant on who can make what :)

PCLiPSE fyi you dont even need to crack the game. Theres no kind of authentication process AT ALL ;)

hEY JUDGE,

Coop and PVP are possible - Hyperlobby gives you the ability to host missions just like a network and the game comes with so many coop missions its stupid, Ultrapack also provides missions afaik.

I can Smell the amount of win from here.

Just imagine ..a UO IL2 coop B)

Had a few rounds with PCLiPSE the other nite - Quality potential :)

Ok, I'm installing again, and will look at getting hyperlobby, etc. going.

Back when I played there were always PvP servers going, on which I always got shot down very soon after take off... but never any coop flights going. I did see the coop missions, and the ability to create them, but no one seemed to ever be hosting any, and I could never seem to get over the router/ports hurdle with IL2 for some reason. Anyway, looking forward to some flying =)