cctoide

DCS: A-10C Warthog

TrackIR isn't too expensive. Yes you can. Spend the $150 or w/e it costs now. And you'll never game the same again.

Got the new beta installed on the new rig, beta 4. Doesnt launch. I click the desktop shortcut and a window opens and locks up. Closes with 'Not Responding' after about 60 seconds. Tried running as admin and in compat for vista and the .exe directly from the BIN folder, will try compat for Xp later. Anyone else encounter this?

Win7 64bit OS

Got the new beta installed on the new rig' date=' beta 4. Doesnt launch. I click the desktop shortcut and a window opens and locks up. Closes with 'Not Responding' after about 60 seconds. Tried running as admin and in compat for vista and the .exe directly from the BIN folder, will try compat for Xp later. Anyone else encounter this?

Win7 64bit OS

[/quote']

Start the game, wait up to 5 minutes (had to wait around 3 meself), play the game.

It happens only when you run the game for the first time after installing.

It's not actually a bug, just the game engine compiling a bunch of crap.

Edit:

wait, you said the game closes? A window should remain open and look like the game froze.

Yeah a window opens, all white (so pretty ! :D ) and then me in my impatience begin clicking things....thats probably what caused it to crash, hahahaha. Ill leave it to its own devices when I get home later.

I can remove compatibility mode so?

I can remove compatibility mode so?

You shouldn't really use it, if you want the game to work properly

I ran this last night on full everything with stormy weather....fap fap fap fap fap fap!

I then spent 40 minutes landing and taking off to test the damage models (but really to check my CPU and GPU operating temperatures) and burst the tyres at one point! Didnt know you could do that!

do you guys know if DCS: A-10 will actually connect to flamming cliffs2? I mean FC2 can connect to Blackshark, right? And Blackshark can connect to A-10? So is a threeway connection possible?

do you guys know if DCS: A-10 will actually connect to flamming cliffs2? I mean FC2 can connect to Blackshark' date=' right? And Blackshark can connect to A-10? So is a threeway connection possible?

[/quote']

I'd have to check that, since honestly I have no idea.

I think I've read that on the long run the DCS series will not be compatible with LO.

Yes from what I read awhile back A10C will not be compatible with LOFC2 but BS will....how they are going to update BS to be compatible with both LOFC2 and A10C is beyond me ;)

ahh well then we need a DCS: Strike Eagle with frontseat backseat ;) or simple port the fidelity of Falcon 4.0 systems (OF or FF, I dont mind), hope they dont do something ueber modern like f22 or F35

hope they dont do something ueber modern like f22 or F35

Besides F22:TAW is still awesome, so there's no need for a new F22 sim. ;)

Actually, now that I think about it, why wouldn't we want a DCS: Cool Hi-Tech Planes? If the level of simulation is the same as with the A-10C and the Ka-50, it would turn out to be awesome, what with all the advanced electronics there is on those planes.

well for one...I think the whole frontseat/backseat thing has been totally ignored since Microprose Strike Eagle III...for me there was nothing better than working together as a team, flying NOE Wizzo scanning and mapping out the target area. scanning for threats and guiding the pilot through the holes in the SAM defences. Ahhh *sniff* I am getting nostalgic.

ahh the x65F, hey I personally had a play with it and I find the force sensing thing totally weird! It goes against everything Ive ever known. But it does offer a plethora of buttons and functions. I currently have the saitek rudder pedals and the x45 combo but I hate the way the stick feels and move. So i guess ill stick with the pedals and just buy the Thrustmaster HOTAS. I used to own a awesome SUNCOM HOTAS, anyone remember that company? Sadly it died a few years back

http://www.thommos.com/wiki/index.php?title=Talon_and_SFS

Aaaand...now I need to eat noodles for dinner until the end of month :(..(nah not really)

Just ordere a set of Saitek rudder pedals, and pre-ordered DCS:A10

Was a little sad to see the FPS when I got low thou (I7-920 + ATI 5970 + Game on SSD drive)

But time to step down the settings a little maybe...

And if you don't have the TrackIR..BUY IT!...not only brilliant for Arma2 but MAN! it rocks in this sim also!

Well it's up and down I'm still tweaking the setup, but with most stuff on high and a rez of 2560x1600 I go as low as 5 FPS when I get low to the ground and fire the cannon.

Higher up it's goes between 20-40 FPS.

And yes, thats with stock speeds on the CPU (I REALLY don't like OC'ing)

I'm going to lower everything to medium and see how that affects thing.

Going to borrow a new GTX580 at work and see if it looks any better.

Update: tried all the settings (LOW,MED,HIGH) at 2560x1600 and 1920x1200..and they are EXACTLY the same..50+ in the air, then when I do an attackrun with the cannon ...3-5 FPS..this with the 10.12 driver tho..gonna downgrade to 10.10 later..

Update 2: Turns out there is a bug in BETA 4 with explosions at low altitude (both own and others) drops FPS drastically..Supposed to be fixed in B5, that should be out early Jan (so they say)

So ahh gents,

I have finally completed all the training and killed loads of shit....I can fly formation with the best of em...lase slave to SPI, extend...do the china hat forwad, tms long dance etc . So my question when are we gonna go tankbusting or just general familiarization flights together............then later later we can really go to town.

A bunch of guys here already play Rampart. Check out Morphine, Gunterlund + crew.

Also me, force majeure, falcon, beta, azzwort and boondock have been playing Falcon 4 - allied force and open falcon. I intend to get A-10 eventually.

cool, I used to be a Falcon 4 BMS and then OF guy till Arma happend. Just recently purchased the whole warthog combo shindig...look forward to flying with you krause.....get A-10 it has all the fidelity f4 has...except the campaign...really miss that!

Beta 6 is about to come out.

In the meanwhile, here's a video that shows a few of the new features, one of which is the improved cannon sound:

My view on this :

Cockpit 10 out of 10

Sound 8 out of 10

Scenery 1 out of 10

Final result : Not gonna buy !

I made the mistake to buy Blackshark wich looked really nice but lets be honoust still using the crappy same old engine, scenery, explosions, fire and smoke effects as in Lockon 1.

Lockon was awsome, REALLY AWSOME !!! dont get me wrong but that was in 2003... its 2011 and not much has been changed outside the cockpit. Big letdown :P

My money will go to Cliffs of Dover.