jaynus

The "please tell us what is fucked up" thread

Hi everyone.

You all suck.

Please post here for things that you still think are fucked up in comparison to anything you have experience in the past, present or future. This is community rules, mods, game play, behavior, whatever etc related.

You are free to PM me your thoughts and concerns, or any other officer, and we will anonymously voice them for you.

We are about to hit our 1 month mark - and we would like to make sure things are on track. I believe they are but meh - wtf do I know right?

Regulars only please, cause they get a vote.

I would like to see more missions with Aircraft,Vehicles and different weapons. I like WACS but that seems like all we have. More variation. But thats all. Oh and jaynus sucks

Change this black layout to a more "gray-military" one.

Add a line splitting the post from the signature.

Rework the forums structure.

Add a Gum-flap TS channel.

More beacon.

Add a chat-box on the main page.

Those "getting started" threads are confusing. 3 threads saying basically the same thing but some have information that is inexistent on the other one... WTF... work this out.

More missions with modern stuff that require a full use of ACE features.

I'm pretty happy with everything - the only thing I could think of is we need a simple notification box above the forums where important news can be posted, including events and technical stuff (such as DONT UPDATE TS). I think a simple colored box with bold text would suffice.

edit:

BTW I also like Cephei's idea of a chat box. They have something like that on the 7cav forums and it is quite a fun little form of communication. Nothing too serious, but quite fun.

understood. The "getting started" threads are my FUBAR. I've been cranking them.

Would you rather have a "Quick start guide" vs. "Full Start guide", or just one big guide you can pick and choose from?

Gum-Flap = "General Discussion". Will make it more obvious ;)

And bacon rocks.

EDIT: sandiford is a lazy fuck and working on a "notifications" mass-email. We already have the "announcements" section. Should we make it more pronounced?

understood. The "getting started" threads are my FUBAR. I've been cranking them.

Would you rather have a "Quick start guide" vs. "Full Start guide"' date=' or just one big guide you can pick and choose from?

Gum-Flap = "General Discussion". Will make it more obvious ;)

And bacon rocks.

EDIT: sandiford is a lazy fuck and working on a "notifications" mass-email. We already have the "announcements" section. Should we make it more pronounced?

[/quote']

It should be a div above the listing of the forums. It should contain 3-4 lines of text containing the most important news possible. Hell I could create the CSS and HTML for it in about 2 minutes.

Things I envision going in it:

1. Technical news of the most major importance, such as dont' update TS

2. Event dates and times, including link to event post thread

3. Who won american idol

4. Jacob vs Edward etc

Yeah, but Gum-flap tends to be a more "no serious thing". General discussion for me is when I want to have a serious chat with no SUPER DUPER RAINBOW SHOTGUNS on my ears.

I would prefer a "quick step by step start guide". Then, create another thread with extra information about how things works here. Do not confuse this with the Charter or the SOPs.

@Krause

Not only fun, but usefully... You can use the chat box to send out important news, videos, massages without have the job of creating a post or thread.

Okay.

Also - I need to toss my 2 cents in.

1. I would like to see more basic infantry training for behavior in game. e.g. formations, movements, standard responses.

2. I would like to see some sort of clarification or firm "message" that we arnt admins. Not everyone can read the legalese we have in the charter; and get confused as to whether we are "admins" or just "visible volunteers", which is what we are. We can help fix specific people, but We can't make changes. People need to learn this.

3. Impy & I need to find a GMT technically-competent server admin so I don't have to sit on TS3 all day at work.

4. Zedic needs to sing more.

Well Jay, at the first point, things are starting to get beautiful. Check these formations:

Yo dawg, I herd you like wedges, so we put a wedge on your wedge so you can form a wedge while forming a wedge.

wediv.jpg

Long column is long.

wed2u.jpg

Saw gunners on the edges.

wed3.jpg

What the hell is with this 'unread messages' where the 'new messages' used to be, and why doesn't it count messages as read when I mark an entire forum read. This is completely unacceptable and having to make my own bookmark to http://unitedoperations.net/search.php?action=getnew is just time consuming and a disgusting waste of resources. What the fuck have you guys been doing this past month anyways?!

Oh, and play my missions more :D

Jah cephei, I agree. Its getting a lot better.

My #1 pet peeve atm is suppressive fire (still). It bugs the shit out of me that people still try to point-shoot like its a video game :D

What the hell is with this 'unread messages' where the 'new messages' used to be' date=' and why doesn't it count messages as read when I mark an entire forum read. This is completely unacceptable and having to make my own bookmark to http://unitedoperations.net/search.php?action=getnew is just time consuming and a disgusting waste of resources. What the fuck have you guys been doing this past month anyways?!

Oh, and play my missions more :D

[/quote']

yeah, its annoying. new posts still exists though

top right: topicicona.png

Oh! Well in that case, having to move my mouse that far is completely unacceptable and a disgusting waste of resources.

(Thanks, and I can't think of anything)

lol quote boxes are still the same color as hyperlinks too.

fixed

LOOOOOL

Links are transparent now.

lol quote boxes are still the same color as hyperlinks too.

fixed

LOOOOOL

Links are transparent now.

screenshot?

Add a line splitting the post from the signature.

There has always been one but it was black. I just changed that.