Guest Lorelei

I wish to....

Guest Lorelei

.... have my account here deleted. I have searched and cannot see any way to 'un-register', of sorts. I'm sure this is because "Who would want to leave???" *GASP* But I do not wish to be a member here any longer, and I do not want my name associated with this forum anymore as well.

It is ridiculous that you say you are being the adults and moving on, yet there is still childish bullshit that occurs. No, this doesn't apply to all of you. Most of you, even. But the few who feel the need to try to sabotage, recruit from TG TS, recruit via TG PM, verbally assault TG players, change the TG X-Fire group name, post subtle hints in our forums here there and everywhere, and who knows what else... have seriously made your new community look like a bunch of childish gamers who can't grow up and move on like they say. ((Yes, I know there are TG'ers who are just as childish. They make me just as ashamed. But I am loyal to TG (not the players) and above that, I am loyal to Dredge.))

Most of you are not like this. Most of you are my friends. But the few who know how to use pretty words to make things seem utopic while they really are doing something completely different make me no longer wish to be associated.

Again, I say good luck with your community and I hope my request can be honored.

Account Deleted.

UO does not condone any of the actions stated above.

Am i the only person who sees a problem with this.

Taken out of context it would appear a bad statement, but I believe she's referring to the problematic players as those she's not loyal to.

Am i the only person who sees a problem with this.

Taken out of context it would appear a bad statement' date=' but I believe she's referring to the problematic players as those she's not loyal to.

[/quote']

I see how this could be perceived as taken out of context but the rest of the wording is right their and clear as day. but it is clear that she was mad when she typed it up up, so her sarcastic tone throughout the message could leave room for error, or things that she may not have meant.

I have not witnessed any of the things she has talked about outside the first day or two of the separation and would like to apologize for any regular that participated in such things. I have never had anything against lorelei and still don't, but i think this angry obviously emotional response is over the top and could have been taken care of with a simple pm to a forum officer.

Shes right, some people here at UO just need to get a life and stop disrespecting TG. Some players here need to respect more than they think they should.

Hope this has opened someones eyes people.

It's a shame that this is still going on. I'm still not sure what has happened but we need to crack down on whoever is going over there and trolling. Personally I haven't been on the TG TS since the split and haven't been on their forums in a while so I don't know what's going on.

If we know who said opposers are, has anyhitng been said to them or do we know who they are?

It has been quite a while since I witnessed any sort of anti-TG mentality here (which is good), and the whole "loyalty" thing feels a lot like a "Us vs. Them" mentality which is hazardous to both UO and TG.

However it is obvious that Lorelei (a player that I've come to respect) witnessed something that seriously angered her, and while it would be easy for UO to just dismiss her post as an overreaction, we should instead ask ourselves "why has this happened in the first place?".

Now, what she mentioned as recruitment could have been simply a misunderstanding, since as far as I know pro-active recruitment in frowned upon, but given that we had problems with trolling, it wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

Trolling and verbal harassment are VERY serious issues, and given that at the start it happened, I'll not only give Lorelei the benefit of doubt that it happened, but I actually suggest we investigate into this, and hope that if she is reading this, she will tell our GOs the usernames so that they can properly deal with this.

Simply put, if this community is to grow properly, we need to make sure any of these incidents are properly investigated and made sure the culprits are properly disciplined.

Nothing good will come of an flamewar between communities.

Also, to avoid further problems, shouldn't we add something in the Charter that goes along the lines of "players will behave in an adult manner when dealing with other communities and their players"?

I know it's supposed to be implied in the "forbidden to spam/troll TS/forum" and the "having to behave with professionalism, respect, courtesy", but sometimes you have to spell these things out.

Also' date=' to avoid further problems, shouldn't we add something in the Charter that goes along the lines of "players will behave in an adult manner when dealing with other communities and their players"?

I know it's supposed to be implied in the "forbidden to spam/troll TS/forum" and the "having to behave with professionalism, respect, courtesy", but sometimes you have to spell these things out.

[/quote']

Agreed on this.

1. The xfire group thing was a mistake. Boon is not technically savey, and made a boo boo (and corrected it) when creating the UO xfire group

2. The "harassing players" was for the first few days after the seperation. Those 2 people (2 people guys) have been addressed in the other "thread".

3. We DO speak to people about these things. But we have no right nor power to police our regulars; we can only suggest and kindly respect that they stop. You, as regulars, do have the right to police them or have them punished via polls.

We can only fuck with non-regulars who come to light in these situations, as they have no rights under our charter.

Hope that clears things up for you guys.

But we have no right nor power to police our regulars; we can only suggest and kindly respect that they stop. You' date=' as regulars, do have the right to police them or have them punished via polls.[/quote']

This is the issue though. If we aren't told who has done what, the policing can't possibly work. We'll just hear that "someone" has made a mess and that he has been talked to. But the community as a whole can't help to decide when enough is enough and a person has crossed the line one time too many, unless we know who's done the bad stuff. It is imperative for the community's self-policing that we get to know what has happened and who has done what, or we're stuck with some select admins running the whole place anyway, and the supposed power of members being nothing but thin air.

k

So far, the only 2 people are:

1. Rommel, a non-regular, "called asch a ****** 5 times". We are waiting to see him around to deal with him.

2. Massa'quil, a regular, was drunk and also was temp-banned from UO for his drunkenness. That issue goes far beyond "representing UO badly". And he has taken steps to correct that behavior.

Take it how you will, I guess.

An expulsion or discipline would have to be for "conduct unbecoming a member of United Operations." I am not sure we have the wording for that. Looking thru charter. For a non member, they wold not be subject to such wording BUT any non member could be banned from playing here if such behavior was documented.

Note that some form of proof more than just an accusation (even from someone as well known as Loreli) would be required for a minimum sense of justice and fairness. The player (regular) approval process might be the place to deal with this. If United Operations can grant "Regular" status, then implicit in the power to grant is the power to revoke. HMMM sounds like we need a JAG office, huh.

I'll say this;

It's considered really bad form to have users coming from UO, making fake accounts on TG, and then spamming PMs to users advertising this site.

IP: IP removed [sandiford]

TG has relationships with other communities that spawned out of TG for various reasons. In some cases those relationships are positive because the individuals that had their own vision worked to build their communities on their own. In other cases they tried to directly recruit people from TG and those relationships did not work out so well.

I personally have ZERO issues with someone trying to create their own vision. I do have issue with individuals trying to secretly recruit from TG though.