VPope

Permanent ban amnesty

Topic will be automatically locked at 01:25 PM

Nullify all permanent bans posted before 6th of November 2019  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Nullify all permanent bans posted before 6th of November 2019

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 11/13/19 at 01:25 PM

The proposal is that all permanent bans posted before the 6th of November 2019 be nullified. We would retain the record of these bans which would be used as escalation in the event that a user re-offends when/if they return.

There are 109 permanent bans currently on record that would be nullified by this operation

This poll was posted by regular request.

This poll requires a 2/3 majority lasting 7 days ending on 2019-13-11 / 13/11/2019

There is no way that I'm voting yes to this. What does it say about our current ban process/SOPs? Nothing good. Will it resolve the issue that lead to its proposal? Unlikely, but if it did.. we'd potentially be outnumbered. However, if this is what the majority want, I will not object*.

*I do however reserve the right to frequently say what a really bad idea that was in the future.

Voting no as well. I honestly doubt the people who are permabanned will be back. If they really wanted to play here again they would go through the appeal process. Several made it very clear in their ban threads their disdain for the fact we actually enforce a minimum level of maturity to play here.

Edited by ThePieSpy

Voting no, those who are perm banned probably won't come back even if they are unbanned and there is the appeal process.

No.

If people want to return, they can appeal. If anyone is in contact with someone who wishes to return, encourage them to appeal. I helped Whitehead with his and that worked out fine.

Voting No. There is no wording that this is for game bans only, this would include all bans. There are over 113 people banned on the forums.  some have been banned because of game related activities, and some have been banned for other reasons.  Its the others I am concerned about.  These non game related bans have no reason to be here.  There is an appeal process let them use it.   By way of appeals this shows that a person has shown first remorse for their actions and second a sign of maturity in that they can ask for forgiveness.

Edited by kalohepirate

Voting yes, we can reban them if we have to, alot of the people we banned were doing childish things. UO has been around for almost 10 years, they are older and most likely wiser now.

I think this is right thing to do.

Only because there is a way to appeal it does not mean that the former culprit feels comfortable to do so, especially if we keep in mind the level of strong attitude we are known for. It might help them to feel confident to return if we invite them back.

We just need to be on watch for any returning behavioural patterns.

I’d disagree, if the person has truly matured then they have nothing to fear in an appeal. If for some reason one returns and has not reformed, this puts a lot of unnecessary burden on the GMs and FMs to monitor and enforce the rules. 

I voted yes, if people return and are still shitters we can just ban them again.

No.

I see no positives in this suggestion.

"we can just ban them again....", while this is true, we already play so few Arma games a week, do you really want someone that we had BANNED in the past, come back in and fuck that one game up?... i don't. Nothing stops them from appealing their ban.

Voting no for the same reason I stated in the discussion thread: there are people on the permaban list banned for non-in-game reasons who did things that I never ever want them unbanned for. I very much wish a lot of the people posting loud nos in this poll had posted in that thread so we wouldn't have to waste time with a poll like this.