Sign in to follow this  
silencer.helling3r

UOTC Field Handbook still valid?

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

i just returned from a longer absence and played my first session yesterday.

It was a lot of fun, but i feel that i'm not up-to-date anymore on the procedures. I immediately tought of the Field Handbook i have initially written long ago and which was maintained from the community after i donated it. Is it still valid? i found a version here (V2.0 from 10/2015): https://de.scribd.com/document/332692404/UOTC-Basic-Training-Field-Handbook

Are there other sources where i can read up on current procedures?

Edited by silencer.helling3r

The handbook was sort of declared outofdate in early 2018 and hasnt been maintained since probably 2015. Tho lots of what is written in there might still be very helpful and correct.

The only maintained (until late 2017) article that comes close and links to some of the old handbooks materials is the Basic Player Guide in our wiki. Link

Thank you, that was helpful.

I noticed, that the Basic Player Guide is not linked from the Getting Started Guide, but it is reffered to as a follow up reading. i think it would be beneficial if an editor could add the link to the Getting started guide.

The wiki is currently not able to be edited due to some issues I haven't properly informed myself about yet.
It has been requested by me since 2017 though, so maybe once everything has become less busy and proities are solved, we get to do something about it.

Posted (edited)

Mind uploading that handbook somewhere else? Scribd is awful and doesn't let you download it without paying... or even read past the first 4 pages.

edit: alright, looks like there was a link to a googledoc mirror of it on the wiki: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19GCXW2HV3PQkKzqVY1GWdImPeUaCHPintsoloT-vZXQ/edit

Edited by Pekka