Jump to content

The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

HeadShot

Ban - HontherPonther

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Player: HontherPonther
A3 PID: 842316b9911cad55e52d8d34d55ec212
TS3 ID: wuzg1SUqXF+GDTjDNRHqv6WDmZY=
Length: 24hr - Negligent Teamkill  Time Served
Reason: As below
Processor: James

 

  • Players shall not intentionally team kill or otherwise disrupt gameplay. (3.3 - UO Charter)
  • 24hr Negligent Teamkills - Accidental/Negligent (Bans & Appeals)

 

While playing as a traitor, HontherPonther walked over to a fellow traitor, killed him, and exclaimed the individual he'd shot was the enemy.

Traitors have an Icon above their head denoting their side,  at all times. Further, there is text at the beginning of the mission announcing who the traitors are. 

Finally,

HontherPonther exclaiming he just killed a fellow traitor implicates that he either knew the teammate he'd killed was on his team, or that HontherPonther was incompetent and failed to see the big letters on his screen spelling out "traitor".

Edited by James
Syntax corrections, Erroneous report, Xtra information.

Share this post


Link to post

After having a discussion with those involved and on the server, I've misunderstood the dynamic of the mission, which is essentially a short LOL mission for seeding and engaging play on the server, mistaking the T's to be working together.

Those involved have sorted it out and I strongly believe keeping the ban in place would be terribly excessive in regards to any future dispute.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, HeadShot said:

After having a discussion with those involved and on the server, I've misunderstood the dynamic of the mission, which is essentially a short LOL mission for seeding and engaging play on the server, mistaking the T's to be working together.

Those involved have sorted it out and I strongly believe keeping the ban in place would be terribly excessive in regards to any future dispute.

 

This is wrong. Whoever explained that traitors TKing was fine and part of the game was wrong. 

    <br/>As a Traitor, you may not KOS or attack a fellow Traitor under any circumstances except for Self Defense.

 

Edited by James

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

First i want to apologize to Future. It never was my intention to teamkill him.

The traitor icon bugged out in the crucial moment when i was entering the room Future was in.
I was able to see Futures traitor icon earlier in the 2nd floor of the building at round start, but then got distracted by a firefight and committed a traitorous act by killing an innocent outside of the building. I turn around and try to get in the house where Future is in. I can hear shooting coming from the general direction. While getting in the 2nd floor I am not able to see his traitor icon through the walls while going up the stairs (normally i should have been able to see it). Turning around the corner on the door I see him without the icon or red name indicating his traitor status. I decide to shoot Future in a quick decision because of the following information:

1) I just committed a traitorous act outside and there was a possibilty the person in the house witnessed it.
2) The guy in the 2nd floor was aiming at my general direction with a possible intention to kill me because of 1).
3) No visible traitor icon where it was before in the 2nd floor. I thought maybe the traitor left or got killed by the 2 shots i heard.
4) No available information/communication about Future being Future and for this reason about his traitor status.

Given this information I was certain that I was shooting an innocent who could possibly know I am a traitor.
Future's name only then reappears after I already started to shoot him. As he dies his red name reappears and I realize that I killed an friendly traitor exclaiming "Oh no". I did instantly regret being so quick on the trigger finger as my intention was self-defense.
To not further go against the missions objectives/intention I decide to make the best out of a bad situation. I check his body and announce his death and traitor status to other players through the automatic chat message and verbally. By doing this I wanted to discourage any close players from killing me which would have put my traitor team at an even bigger disadvantage after my accidental teamkill.

You can see my perspective here:  https://streamable.com/09ztr

 

2 hours ago, James said:
20 hours ago, HeadShot said:

After having a discussion with those involved and on the server, I've misunderstood the dynamic of the mission, which is essentially a short LOL mission for seeding and engaging play on the server, mistaking the T's to be working together.

Those involved have sorted it out and I strongly believe keeping the ban in place would be terribly excessive in regards to any future dispute.

 

This is wrong. Whoever explained that traitors TKing was fine and part of the game was wrong. 


    <br/>As a Traitor, you may not KOS or attack a fellow Traitor under any circumstances except for Self Defense.

 

 

This is true although the dynamics of this mission are rather chaotic with a lot of accidental and sometimes intentional teamkilling on both sides going on. Especially on the innocents side when people act seemly in self-defense in chaotic and fast-paced situations. Additionally rounds are shortlived with a timelimit of 8 minutes often ending quicker. If I would have been aware that my actions are a bannable offense in this mission i would have been much more careful and doublechecked/PIDed like I normally do in Coop/TvT missions. Having played the mission a lot I was under the impression that the Charter/SOPs in regards to those teamkill/gameplay situations are rather lax enforced in the TTT mission playthroughs. In hindsight I would have never acted in this way in that and many other situations if this would not have been the case.

Edited by HontherPonther
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, HontherPonther said:

First i want to apologize to Future. It never was my intention to teamkill him.

You can see my perspective here:  https://streamable.com/09ztr

2

Ban reduced to 'time served'.

Edited by James

Share this post


Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...