The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

VPope

Website update - Feedback

Feedback

• Please be delicate we have been working on this for some time and are prone to outbursts of hold-the-door feats of senseless destruction.

Issue reporting

• There are many issues with the forum, it is very much an in progress project. 
  • NO reports relating to the "UO" Theme, its in development and is NOT supported.
  • Yes the default theme is bright we know, wear sunglasses.
  • The "Articles" (former News) page is blank, fallout from old code and will be fixed.
  • The missions database formatting is broken, all the data is there but its a little ugly. This will be addressed, or purged with holy fire later.
  • Reports of other users being unable to access the new forums before Monday the 11th of Feb will be disregarded. Go read up on DNS for further details. 

ISSUES TO BE REPORTED WITH THE FOLLOWING DETAILS

• URL of issue reported
  • Time and date of issue.
  • Does the issue effect other users.
  • Screenshots help.

In the event an issue is related to sensitive account information please submit this to the complaints/suggestions box support case.

Known issues

• Will be updated here.
  • azzwort retard point, logo link does not go to news because news is broke see above point 4.
  • CORE_PFIELDGROUPS_2 shown in profiles
  • Users unable to reply to event posts in news section Fixed

Closing notes

I can speak with confidence on behalf of the WSO team that we have expended out limited sanity on this upgrade, Those of you that have been on TS during the past three weekends will attest that I now exist in a rather severe sanity deficit. rest assured our fractious minds will not prevent us addressing the remaining tasks all be it at a rather slower pace that with which the core forum upgrade has taken place. 

RESOLVED

Cannot reply to a topic in the 'News, Announcements, & Events' Section.

Sunday, the 10th of February, in the year of the Lord 2019.

For Example:

rexfgBL.png

1Mkk1Ya.png

Edited by znoop

8 minutes ago, znoop said:

Cannot reply to a topic in the 'News, Announcements, & Events' Section.

Sunday, the 10th of February, in the year of the Lord 2019.

For Example:

Issue resolved

Do not use the WIP Theme and expect it to be functional at this time.
Do not expect the Front Page to be working properly.
Do not expect the mission Reporting System to be working properly at this time.

Many features may be improperly formatted on the WIP theme - if not, they will be miss-colored due to identifying theme elements and locations. Many theme elements will be missing and or abset. 

Changes to Front Page, Articles, and Mission Databases changed layout and presentation in addition to reporting and commenting systems.  These systems may be visually broken in many regards and may require a redesign or implementation in the future.

-Updated Theme - Most visual styles matched.   Need to work on color matching and style options.

• URL of issue reported

This thread

• Time and date of issue.

This post (22:19 EST, Feb 12, 19)

• Does the issue effect other users.

Probably

• Screenshots help.

The "Location" tag on user info on posts does not have a space in between "Location" and the actual location.

vGSLNYH.png?1

1. Calendar needs approval after creation (may be a perms issue)
  2. Calendar event cannot be edited after created (may be a perms issue)
  3. The end date is still showing up even though it was checked off, on the calendar sidebar at https://unitedoperations.net/forums/ and in the URL display block (as above)
  4. It is unclear whether the time in a calendar is UTC or local time
  5. The calendar start date displays incorrectly on the calendar sidebar at https://unitedoperations.net/forums/

I was hoping for more feedback and less issues ...
I will look into the calendar issues later today.

I think the new site is a great improvement. I like the larger, cleaner fonts. The calendar on the front page sidebar is a significant improvement. And creating and editing posts seems far less temperamental compared to the legacy forum.

Great job, guys!

Posted (edited)

Addressed issues with Calendar showing/rendering wrong time.
Dates previously showing as YYYY-MM-DD HHmmz HH:mm
corrected to be 
Dates should appear as YYYY-MM-DD with Local Time after.

EDIT - Permission issues with Calendar for UOAF - Should be working as of this update.

Edited by Impulse 9
UOAF Permission Mask - Callendar

New Software Update Pending - May break Payment Processors and some Skin issues.
No ETA on Deployment - Critical plugins still not updated to newest version.

I really appreciate the posting of local time in addition to Zulu for the events.

Posted (edited)

Does the RSVP on the calendars work for non-Regulars? A player mentioned they received an error when trying to RSVP to  

"Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2L179/1"

EDIT: it seems like this will happen if the calendar event isn't approved.

Edited by DarkFib3r

On 3/12/2019 at 2:50 PM, JoeMag said:

I really appreciate the posting of local time in addition to Zulu for the events.

We don't know everyones timezone, it's super simple to google a conversion

Live mission list appears to have some issues as reported by Burnout and confirmed by me and others.

vtkfVpD.jpg

switch tot he uo theme and it will work. the changes required to fix it are not present in the vanilla theme.

Posted (edited)

... i feel like you just knew that i would be to lazy to actually switch to the UO theme. So you would be safe for a while..

Anyway, switched to the UO theme, sam error.

image.thumb.png.1eccb689aca0e2231795e7e378b8f557.png

Edited by Perfk