Sign in to follow this  
James

Ban - Sir_Mills

Player: Sir_Mills

A3 PID: 2a210097c65ac43fe9fb75c8913d461f

TS3 ID: wfaHh4XGMpOCtWuNqgrqwNP/KL4=
Length:  24 Hour 48 hours - Minor Disruptions repeated by players that do know better and have been told not to repeat said behaviour.
Reason:
  • Negligent Teamkills - Accidental/Negligent
Processor: James

Prior Bans:

During COTVT39 Hill 179 HC V2 user threw a grenade which ending up killing friendlies. Instead of being apologetic, user gave a snarky remark when confronted about the grenade.
As per user reivew thread:

User threw a frag grenade at friendlies. Killed one and wounded another. Its not clear that he knew there were friendlies there at the time, but it was a pretty dumb place to throw a grenade. When confronted about why he threw the grenade and how he killed friendlies, his response was "I'm glad I killed you, can we move on." it was not a heated argument, I'm unsure of why he gave back a snarky retort.

Edited by James27
Was shown prior 24 hour ban, escalated to 48 as per scale.

My entire squad was killed around me and we had enemies danger close. I threw the grenade at what I thought at the time was shooting me. People were shooting past me at enemies I guess. I was immediately informed of my mistake and scolded by someone. (Understandable) At that point we met up with friendlies and someone decided to call it. I have been killed by many bad or confused nades. About a week ago someone killed me and even today in another mission. I don't feel like it's necessary to publicly confront someone after a match for accidental tks or wounds or poor gameplay in general. I understand wanting to know why you died and who it was especially if it was friendly fire. But I was kind of embarrassed by the way I was asked about it like it should have been really obvious that there were friendlies in that direction and I'm totally incompetent because I didn't know about it. Yea it was stupid I guess to throw a nade right then. Not knowing the position of friendlies. And I was sarcastic and dismissive instead of just saying it was accidental. I apologise for that. Anyway, I don't think that old ban really reflects how I am on the server these days. I always try to follow orders and make the game more fun for others by being a good teammate. Healing people when they are wounded. Carrying extra ammo or equipment. Calling out contacts or giving useful information to higher ups. I don't claim to be an excellent player but in the future I will try to be more informed and ask questions when i jip rather than react haphazardly to a possible contact. And I'll be apologetic when I kill or wound someone.

Firstly, prior bans will always escalate other bans in the same time scale, if you would like to see about them getting removed, you can poll them, here is an example: http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/27581-removal-of-prior-bans-from-kevin31/

As for reasoning behind this ban, you were confronted on the server about the TK, all he was looking for was an explanation into your thinking at the time and most likely an apology, instead he got some snarky response saying "I'm glad I killed you". Most embarrassed users will apologise and give an explanation for their mistakes. An apology would have sufficed and instead this would have been ignored had this been the response you gave, however, instead you showed no regret, not until this ban was posted.

I see no reason to remove the ban at this time.

Edited by James27