Kingslayer

AAR - Arma 3 - IFA Event 5 [2018-09-01]

Thank you to all that attended, especially our friends from ACC, as well as our Australian and Korean guests. We had over 80 players at peak! I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, despite the technical issues with the last mission, and the issues that ACC had with their mods.

First we played IFTVT80 Bloody Ridge. From my perspective, we had an initial difficult movement through the forest, before getting in an extended firefight. Then after a few minutes the order to charge was given. With banzai screams all around we charged forward. Even those all those around me seemed to be cut down, I survived by some miracle and dived into a hole to hide a from a grenade. I charged forward again, ignoring a bullet wound to the arm and threw grenades into a bunker. Then pushed past and up on the hill. We won shortly afterwards, the shock of the attack overwhelming the Americans.

IFCO83 First Clash – A slow start, although made more interesting by a Stuka that threatened the company periodically. After advancing south, we got into a series of increasingly intense firefights, my personal favourite being when a half track pulled out of a treeline and drove up on friendly positions, before it was knocked out by our AT rifle. As the Company Sergeant Major, I spent most of the mission organising the various company assets, like the Vickers, medics, and the AT Rifle, setting up bases of fire, and supporting the Rifle Platoons as they pushed across the river.

IFTVT94 Operation Varsity – I was in charge of the mortar squad. We got to our postion, then ran into problems. As we set up the mortar, we were engaged by an MG42 and our mortar gunner was killed. We tried to suppress, but had no luck with our M1 Carbines and Grease guns at 350m +, and had to fall back, swiftly disassembling the mortar. We set up behind the forest, but didn't have a good view. We fired off our rounds blind, then pushed across into the town, taking fire. As we got to the outskirts, I took a burst of machine gun fire to the chest, and died.

IFCOTVT92 Jaegers – Unfortunately this mission was marked with technical issues, with a babel bug and ACC players timing out. This lead to a lot of disorganisation, although I found I got into some good firefights that I did enjoy, particularly when our reorg around an ammo crate was attacked by an enemy fireteam, and I lead an adhoc squad with what weapons we could grab to wipe them out. Later on seeing the platoon fall back under mortar fire was pretty exciting.

Overall I'm looking forward to doing more events, particularly with ACC. As an improvement for next time, I'm looking at making it easier for ACC to test their mods before the event.

Please post your perspectives, and any videos and screenshots you took.

Video I did a few hours after the event 

I knew there was a bloody sniper. Picked off everyone in my squad. I suppose fittingly, Headshot was head shotted right in front of me as he peaked over a sandbag next to the barn. 

We got to our postion, then ran into problems. As we set up the mortar, we were engaged by an MG42 and our mortar gunner was killed. 

Sorry not sorry :D. It was like playing Whack 'Em All with your head popping up each 5 seconds.

I knew there was a bloody sniper. Picked off everyone in my squad. I suppose fittingly, Headshot was head shotted right in front of me as he peaked over a sandbag next to the barn. 

Yeah, It didn't say Sniper in the slotting but Rifleman, so I didn't expect to have a scope for my K98.

Other than that, it was a pretty good Event.