Sign in to follow this  
Kingslayer

UO Potential Arma Campaign Survey

I've had a few queries regarding this, so to make everyone aware, like the community surveys I did, I will post the results publically. This will probably be in a few days, as I'm in the middle of having to remodel my house.

Following that I would aim to create a design document, and then start work gradually on Arma campaigns.

Right, as promised below are the results. Apologies for the delay, I've been away with work, so haven't had a chance to post this.

Firstly, I asked questions about single event campaigns. As seen below, there is clear strong interest in this.

ZtErQl.jpg

People seem happy to have the same persistant slots for the campaign.

7kGUxZ.jpg

The next questions were about campaigns played in multiple sessions across a number of weeks. Again there seems to be strong interest.

3n79IU.jpg

Some people would like to mix things up, but most are still happy with the same slots.

zt8MA3.jpg

People were less happy to sit out a week if they died. This was something I wanted to gauge the community's reaction to, but must admit I voted no myself.

Ju9tyw.jpg

In general there is more interest for multi session campaigns, although strong interest for a single event. It seems campaigns are strongly desired, no one responded they don't like campaigns.

5OqMrV.jpg

The community remains loyal to our True Emperor, and Impulse can be sure of our continuing allegiance! Not a single person voted no, amazing!

tElFMy.jpg

As a next step I'm now going to create a design document for what I'd like to see from campaigns at UO, how they would be constructed and run. Once that has been completed in the next few weeks I will post it here as well.

It's been quite a while, but I have worked on various documents for campaign creation, which are posted below.

UO Campaign design document - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UcHt485KiFbxPrnC-i8KvaM4QFfcP0sACFClUz9Qv9c/edit?usp=sharing

Background for a campaign idea inspired by Deathstrike's Arstotzkan missions. This is more of a creative writing excerise on my part, but I thought a funny background for an Arstotzkan campaign in the future might be cool to have.  - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Xy_VZqdVRPELvBvD51H6wPEBGmMi4muw7OlF6h3DA8/edit?usp=sharing

Background material for longer campaigns in the future, possibly using other mods, eg Cold War or WW2, leading to a cold war gone hot scenario. Again this is another creative writing excerise on my part, where I went a little overboard. It's essentialy my attempt to create a plausible backgorund for a conventional NATO Warsaw Pact war campaign in 1989. - https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Qa0B5Sr8do1RQArzkwQq2rWUeYbmKSRNaBkD2ANmRE/edit?usp=sharing

The design document is meant to be a living document, so I will happily take suggestions, additions and improvements for it.

Edited by Kingslayer