The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Add Sacher as a Regular  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Add Sacher as a Regular

• Yes
    • No

I wish to nominate Sacher as a regular. Sacher is from East Germany (the best Germany) and has been a member of this community since 2011. He is a frequent and solid player on the Arma server, and hasn't been banned since 2016, for a minor incident, for which he apologised.

He regularly contributes to the community via mission making, and can often be found assisting new mission makers. I myself have found him extremely helpful with technical knowledge when it came to making missions, and dealing with issues and bugs I was unfamiliar with.

Sacher has worked extensively at content created for the community. He has done a lot of work on the Olson framework, improving and maintaining it for the community and is currently involved in taking that framework and making it into an addon for us. He has also contributed to other mods, such as J0zh94’s MG3, for our own mod pack.  

Sacher also assisted with Max’s SL course previously by making the mission for it, and worked as a delegate for the MMO for several years.

I feel it is past due giving him a voice in the community's direction. He is a very long time player here, and has shown dedication to the community via his work through content creation.

This poll requires a 2/3 vote lasting 1 week, ending on 2018/08/13.

This poll was put up at Regular Request

Sacher has poured so much of his time and energy into helping this community. I feel he should have a say in its direction. 100% yes.

No, he only became a donating member today and he’s explained he doesn’t wish to continue donating in the future. Not to mention he is extremely hot headed/pugnacious.The last thing we need right now is more people yelling at each other...

Edited by Haggerty

No, he only became a donating member today and he’s explained he doesn’t wish to continue donating in the future.

This is false. He explicitly said that he would continue donating should he become regular, as is required to maintain regularship. There's nothing wrong with beginning to donate for regularship, I did it, as have many others. Plus the fact that he has poured so many hours of work into works for this community shows he is dedicated to supporting it.

Edited by James27

Sacher is a real salt of the earth Arma 3 player and exactly the sort of person you would have found being polled back in the day. Deeply knowledgable and extremely passionate about the community, he will be a model regular.

I know sacher is a very talented addon maker, and contributes greatly towards the community is mission making and technical areas. I do have to echo haggerty's concerns with attitude at times on the server. If I vote yes I'd like to see some improvement in interaction with others.

I redact my statement concerning the donating, but his attitude issue still stands. Not only in the barracks is he argumentative, but he also argues on the primary which can be borderline disruptive at times. He does contribute a lot to the community and I would like to see some improvements to his character before I vote yes. Because he would be a great regular.

Edited by Haggerty

Voting yes. His community contributions are more than enough reason to vote him in, and I know he has the ability to be civil despite previous concerns about his attitude. If this poll passes, I expect him to hold the exact same standards of interaction as every other regular.

Great and consistent contributions to the community, echoing the attitude concerns of other regulars, abstaining pending nominee response.

As the person who stuck up the poll, voting yes. I spoke to Sacher first and got his approval before posting the poll.

Easy yes, contributed a lot to the mission making aspect of arma 3, is a solid player and I hope he accepts the nomination. He may be a bit confrontational at times but in my experience this happens mostly off the server in barracks channels.

I would be keen to hear from Sacher on this one, while I have no doubt that he is one of the most active contributors with extensive experience and all round asset to the community. That being said he is also the most ardent devils advocate that can and will argue against any point put before him. If a debate were like a fencing duel he would wield a brick tied to the end of a plank with nails in it. The more people disagree the more entrenched his position becomes. 

Solid player on the Server and very helpfull guy in the barracks. Has done a ton of work making missions and reworking olsens. Easy yes from me even if he is from the wrong germany and probably doesn't even like pineapple on his pizza.

Thank you for this nomination, I accept this and hope to become a regular so I can have a say in the future of this community, in which I already have invested a lot of time and effort.

With regards to past behaviours, I agree that I have had an abrasive attitude that has left a not so great impression on some.

However, I am working on this and have/am going to change in how I express myself. My last recorded ban for poor attitude was in 2013, and since then I have been more careful with regards to how I handle people who I disagree with on the server.

I also do agree that I can be argumentative, but I think that some people mistake how I am in the barracks with how I am on the server, in the barracks with friends I am more likely to express myself among them, on the server I try to maintain the level of maturity and professionalism which is required.

Edited by Sacher

Voting No. It’s one thing to be able to debate in a civilized manner and an another thing to be argumentative. The later is how I remember you and is only confirmed by others concerns. I don’t feel that’s changed via your post.

This is a vote I never really expected to see given Sacher’s rather colourful past but there is no doubt that he contributes the most to this community out of all non Regulars.

His work towards Olsen’s as well mission making is extremely vital to the A3 side of this community.

I believe over time he has matured and become far less argumentative and whilst not perfect, someone I could see maturely approaching key topics within our community. 

Voting yes

When not expressing opinions in the Gulag he is an effective and capable player on the server. Argumentative... yes although what is said in the Barracks is for the Barracks.

Vote yes

After speaking to Sacher, I have a better understanding of his mannerism, he can come off as abrasive due to the fact that he gets straight to the point of the conversation. I'm changing my vote to YES, even though he comes off as as abrasive at times, his contributions to the community far outweigh any negative interaction I may have had in the past.