Sign in to follow this  
TheLocalPub

Unfoldable maps

Evening gents.

So with alot of missions having loadouts in which users don't get maps, i thought the following mod would be appropriate.

R_Unfold

A mod in which you can self-interact and unfold your map in your inv onto and flat upwards facing object for others to then interact with  and view said map.

Pros: 

Very lightweight (1mb)

Multiple people can interact at one

Can copy someones else map (To collect map markers)

Upon unfolding the map in your inv will disappear until you pick it back up for that sweet sweet realism factor 

Has CUP And RHS support so you can even place on objects that come in those mods

Cons: 

I don't know.... 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30521

Mentioned this for about 30 seconds last night in TS and everyone seemed to support it.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not please move thread.

I can vouch for this mod being very stable and workable. Used in my previous unit since release of this mod. 

While visually appealing, the mod in it's current state is "broken" (Per BI Thread) and the author has not updated it in some time.

Terrain will eat the map.

Users can not draw on the maps.

we have done the same thing via script for a while. You can find it in somone's olsen framework to interact with someone who has a map while you do not have a map. so you can look at the map the have.

While visually appealing, the mod in it's current state is "broken" (Per BI Thread) and the author has not updated it in some time.

Terrain will eat the map.

Users can not draw on the maps.

Not sure how it's been broken. Before leaving my previous unit who used it from launch there was never a single issue with it. It didn't cause an performance, graphical, or any other kind of bug/glitch.

What did it state in the thread?

EDIT: Checked the thread, just people saying like you mentioned that the terrain eats the map but yet I never once encountered that. 

we have done the same thing via script for a while. You can find it in somone's olsen framework to interact with someone who has a map while you do not have a map. so you can look at the map the have.

Is this in any mission then? Because I've never seen that before. If so can you link please. 

Edited by TheLocalPub

The function defined is part of Olsen's Framework. You can read maps in proximity to other users, and or view another persons map if you interact with them.

This addon would need to be fixed and maintained by the submitter if added to the modpack. Find someone willing to maintain it, and adjust it to work with our maps as well. At present it supports base Game + CUP. Some maps would need new or dummy art assets?

Is this in any mission then? Because I've never seen that before. If so can you link please. 

I do use the script to view leadership's maps in my missions, just simply ace interact with the person who has a map when close enough and you can view it.

Edited by Gkenny

The function defined is part of Olsen's Framework. You can read maps in proximity to other users, and or view another persons map if you interact with them.

This addon would need to be fixed and maintained by the submitter if added to the modpack. Find someone willing to maintain it, and adjust it to work with our maps as well. At present it supports base Game + CUP. Some maps would need new or dummy art assets?

Ok maybe I'll get round to the maker of this mod and see what could be done.