The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Sign in to follow this  
PiZZADOX

Headless AI Module

1) The entire array: if ((random 1) <= 0.4) then {["arrayname"] call HC_fnc_SpawnonHC}; For individual units/vehicles the presence parameter and conditional parameter are taken into account when spawning the array.

2) If you have more than one waypoint for the AI they are not overridden by the module and will activate as normal, so conditions and waypointactivation will work as intended.

edit: I will have a newer version out later this week, I have redone the info sharing and coordination system for the groups which allows for more realistic and aggressive reinforcement and mission maker customization of ai group combat responses. If anyone has suggestions for some core functionality or some specific AI functions they would like to see I would be glad to hear it.

Edited by PiZZADOX

If possible, make a method that would have the ai spawn with the equipment assigned in editor. Unless I'm missing something this can't be done. I like to use the ace arsenal in the editor to create my loadouts so itd be great if it was possible to do this

If possible, make a method that would have the ai spawn with the equipment assigned in editor. Unless I'm missing something this can't be done. I like to use the ace arsenal in the editor to create my loadouts so itd be great if it was possible to do this

Wow, I just noticed I gave AI custom loadouts for nothing...

Is there a reason my mission with HC would work in testing server 4 but fail on the main server? I.e. do different HC machines behave differently based something like server updates or HC server performance? Also, does your headless client have a 3-5 second delay before HC takes over AI? I noticed that my planes flew perfectly fine initially but stutter at about 5 seconds into the mission and then nose dive in unison only on the main server and only with HC actively slotted. All the pilots have noai set but I'm wondering if the composition needs it as well since my waypoints are set by the composition and not by the pilot.

Edited by Leonidas

I ran into an issue with one of my new missions: COTVT16 HC Farmhouse Fight. The marker control module was not working properly, and Blackhawk helped me track down and fix the issue. The fix was to change the init.sqf in the headless_ai folder to this:

["Headless AI", "Spawns AI locally on the HC through arrays and executes AI scripts", "PIZZADOX"] call FNC_RegisterModule;

if (FW_var_isHC) then {

#include "AiArrays.sqf"
#include "settings.sqf"

if (!isNil "_InitialSpawn") then {
    {

[_x] call HC_fnc_spawnOnHC;
    } foreach _InitialSpawn;
};

if (VCOM_Enabled) then {
     [] execVM "modules\headless_ai\VCOMAI\init.sqf";
};

if (!hasinterface && !isDedicated) then {
     setViewDistance HC_viewdistance;
     setTerrainGrid 50;
     if (!isNil "HC_ForceTime") then {
         [] spawn {
            waituntil {time > 1};
            _HC_date = date;
            _HC_forcedate = [_HC_date select 0, _HC_date select 1, _HC_date select 2, HC_ForceTime select 0, HC_ForceTime select 1];
            while {true} do {
            sleep 0.1;
            setdate _HC_forcedate;
            };
      };
  };
};

};

Added