Add RedCrown as a Regular  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Add RedCrown as a Regular

• Yes
    • No

Hello, I, Headshot, am nominating RedCrown for regular with his consent *stares intently*,

RedCrown has been here since 2012. Knowing RedCrown for a number of years he has always been seen as a valued member of the community. Recent events have placed an emphasis on the ability for individuals to act with accordance to our values of maturity and friendship, something RedCrown has no doubt been able to achieve, being a regular in the community and barracks for years now. Time isn't the only measure of a Regular, but an ability for the individual in question to conform to and promote the values of United Operations. RedCrown hasn't had the roughest start here, but he's developed into admirable regular material, minus his interesting taste in 'cartoons' :tongue: His last regular poll didn't go so well, and he spoke to a number of regulars on how to improve, doing so, he feels it's time he tried again, and I wholeheartedly back him in his endeavour.

I hope you all take the time to read this over and strongly consider RedCrown for Regular.

This poll requires a 2/3 vote lasting 1 week, ending on 2018-05-03.

This poll was put up at Regular Request.

Voted yes.

Redcrown has had a rocky start, in fact I remember I banned him back in 2012/2013, but I feel he has over time matured into valuable member of the community.

Abstaining for now.

When RedCrown went for regular last time I voted no because he wasn't that active on the primary. I haven't seen much more activity from him since then. The only times I can recall seeing him were in the barracks. However, I have not been able to play every day on the weekend due to school, so I'd like some other regulars to comment on his presence on the primary before I make a decision.

Edited by SgtDeadly12

Easy yes.

While I feel I may have played a part in persuading regulars to vote no on the last one, this time around I feel that Redcrown is definitely suitable for regularship.

Redcrown has very much improved since his last poll and I haven't had any of the experiences I described in his previous poll since then. Most of my experiences playing with him in recent months have been positive.

Redcrown is very active when it comes to playing games with other members at UO, this includes ArmA, but also many other games that people play in the barracks and other games channels on teamspeak.

Currently voting no, but I'm on the fence. Since your last poll you have definitely shown improvement in your character, but you still don't really bring a whole lot to the table. I know there isn't really requirements for being a regular other than being a donating member and been a member for a certain amount of time. But most regulars in the past contributed to the community in someway shape or form beforehand. I was looking at the time sheet and you've only logged about 60 hours with an average play session of an hour and a 15 minutes in the past 3 years (basing off the fact it only goes back to early 2015), and most of your posts (of the 13 you have) on the forums are either from your ban threads or other peoples ban threads. I don't really have much room to talk though due to the fact that I've been busy with schoolwork and Rosche and haven't been on the primary in a while. To my knowledge you don't make missions or contribute in other ways such as helping different offices with their duties. 

So what I'm really asking here is what do you bring to the table other than the fact you just hang out in the gulag and occasionally play arma? I'd like to hear the opinion of others in the community not just those in the gulag, as to how they feel about you becoming a regular.

PS the way to my heart is rosche...

Edited by Haggerty

No idea how to vote on this currently (insufficient information). Not much Arma.

Thank you Headshot, I would like to accept the nomination for regular and I hope that the poll succeeds.

Edited by RedCrown

I have spent a fair bit of time in the company of RedCrown and I have absolutely no doubt that he would make a fine addition as a regular.

For those of you that are on the fence or voting no I wish to highlight the following points. some of you talk about his improvement in character, I was the last person to Ban RedCrown and it was purely a formal process that was the least deserving of any ban i have ever pushed (a Nade ND for which he immediately took responsibility and apologised) prior to which there is no recorded disciplinary record since 2013. If I am happy to vote yes then i fail to see why anyone would even consider any of his record against him in that regard.

As for the comments that he does not play sufficiently on the server. We only just had a Reg poll pas for a user that has not played on the server in over a year, another for a user that does not play arma at all. We have long since established that while activity on the primary is a positive characteristic for regulars it is not a requirement. The core purpose of regulars as defined by the charter is to uphold our values and to make decisions within the community, both of which i feel that RedCrown can and will do.

Addressing the concern over "bringing stuff to the table" I again reference the past few polls we have seen pass purely on the basis that the members were a positive addition to the community. We have not appointed a regular to the position based on a proposed activity or promise since GKenny in November last year, and even some of those have fallen by the wayside and no longer continue to work in those roles.

The only real question here is if you feel that RedCrown can uphold the charter and can be trusted to vote in the decisions we make as a community. 

In my opinion he does. Its a yes from me.

Edited by VPope

Not much interaction in the past but going what people are saying from what your past is that you've grown up and matured up alot to a different person. I will vote yes at this time

Vope for king.  Glad someone remembers that ARMA participation has never been required for winning a reg contest.

Voting yes.