Player: Slider

A3 PID: 62e7b4b429300dcdba1365c2fe0a51dd

TS3 ID: aTlgFOPpB5LhLU3DOTBxE4bt6dg=

Length: 3 Month

Reason:

3.5 - Players shall respect each other and act accordingly

1.1   - Maturity, Friendship, Professionalism, Respect, Cooperation, Teamwork and Courtesy are the core virtues in our community.

Processor: SgtDeadly12

The user was picking fights and being verbally abusive towards other users in spectator after he died. This is a continuation of problem behavior exhibited by this user and is detrimental to the quality of gameplay on the server. Escalation based on previous bans for the same sort of behavior.

Prior bans:

http://forums.united...ider/?hl=slider

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/28553-ban-slider/

An account of the incident from Kail can be found in Slider's internal review thread:

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/20659-slider/page-4

Edited by Impulse 9

.. An account of the incident from Kail can be found in Slider's internal review thread: ..

Added here for clarity..

He picked on me, since following his death, he initially sought to place blame on a two man OP team in front of his position for not seeing the enemy (appearing in an area that he could see apparently). I was a member of that 2 man OP team and had died before him and I challenged his view of things. Once I made my presence felt, he then switched to blaming his team mate "S. Dalltra" (new guy?) who was apparently unresponsive and still alive at that time. I told him to stop seeking to blame everybody for his death and accept it has a happening. Once our SL had died (Tinfoil) he then sought to go through the same routine again (blaming Daltra basically and point out his failings). At this point, I told him (maybe rather loudly) to desist with his negative salty views forthwith.

To make things CLEAR again, just like in most other ban threads: I have not sought to blame anyone. I was most annoyed at myself first for dying quickly while I had an AT asset which was now lost, that was the reason for my tone. Actual situation: the 2 man OP (Kail and someone) suddenly reported enemy 50m away from them, while rest of the team had at least 300 meter sight lines, so I kept asking how they missed them (no answer came out, hence more frustration, as I couldn't figure it out myself). The guy that was with me (daltra something) wasn't overly responsive when I tried directing him at the now-attacking enemy which was about 100m from us (he had a UGL and I couldn't fire my HE rounds at the enemy), no reply from him. Here, I proceeded to run away and die.

Again, story details are twisted in someone's favour, but so be it. I tried communicating with certain people that demanded it, yet received no reply, so acted accordingly. I am not too worried about this ban. Only thing I'll miss is some people from UOAF, but that's fine.

:)

To make things CLEAR again, just like in most other ban threads: I have not sought to blame anyone. I was most annoyed at myself first for dying quickly while I had an AT asset which was now lost, that was the reason for my tone. Actual situation: the 2 man OP (Kail and someone) suddenly reported enemy 50m away from them, while rest of the team had at least 300 meter sight lines, so I kept asking how they missed them (no answer came out, hence more frustration, as I couldn't figure it out myself). The guy that was with me (daltra something) wasn't overly responsive when I tried directing him at the now-attacking enemy which was about 100m from us (he had a UGL and I couldn't fire my HE rounds at the enemy), no reply from him. Here, I proceeded to run away and die.

Again, story details are twisted in someone's favour, but so be it. I tried communicating with certain people that demanded it, yet received no reply, so acted accordingly. I am not too worried about this ban. Only thing I'll miss is some people from UOAF, but that's fine.

:smile:

Slider, the issue here isn't what happened in-game, it's how you acted in spectator after you died. It is not appropriate to bully people even if their performance in-game was subpar. Everyone is here to have fun playing Arma, not be yelled and sworn at in spectator.

:smile:

Slider, I understand what happened as I was in spectator with you, kail and the above when this happened. This isnt a matter of 'favour' or 'twisted' its just a matter of how you conducted yourself after you were killed. I had to ask a few times for you too cool down before you stopped with the rage. Dying on the primary can be annoying at times but we must remember that it is only a game and has no attachment to real life people. Apart from the rage in spectator you were fine for the rest of the evening.

Slider, the issue here isn't what happened in-game, it's how you acted in spectator after you died. It is not appropriate to bully people even if their performance in-game was subpar. Everyone is here to have fun playing Arma, not be yelled and sworn at in spectator.

How was I bullying anyone? Yes, my tone wasn't appropriate due to my own frustration at myself and I apologize, however, all I wanted to know at that moment was how Kail and his buddy didn't see as far as we thought they could.

How was I bullying anyone? Yes, my tone wasn't appropriate due to my own frustration at myself and I apologize, however, all I wanted to know at that moment was how Kail and his buddy didn't see as far as we thought they could.

I'm not going to debate the definition of bullying with you. Singling out and verbally abusing people constitutes conduct that is unfit for a player in this community. You were engaged in such conduct, so you were banned. I suggest that, rather than attempting to justify your behavior, you examine why it has earned you numerous bans instead.

I know exactly the reasons (not the ones stated) for previous bans. I also have not conducted myself how you describe it.

On that note: how would you react if you fellow Regular called another player an "imbecile" and "retard" for walking up to his squad leader's body to pick up the radio when situation was concluded safe? I find that no different, if not worse than what you claim I've done. Not to mention presence of at least 2 other Regulars that did not react.

Unfortunately for you, I disagree with how you think you conducted yourself. You can think you conducted yourself appropriately, but as long as I find your conduct unacceptable you are still going to be banned.

As for your other point, I'm not going to entertain whataboutism. This ban thread is about you, not about other people in the community. If you have an issue with how a regular behaved then take your complaint to the appropriate channels.