Sign in to follow this  
Impulse 9

Ban - DickNixon

Player: DickNixon
A3 PID: ccfa37cb411b2c7605f736aaf334380d
TS3 ID: 3M8BjRj4vdDgh5sUa3xJDAHAQf8=
Length: Permanent 24 Hr
Reason: 3.1 - Cheating and hacking shall result in immediate and permanent removal from our community. 
Lowered to  1.1 - Maturity, Friendship, Professionalism, Respect, Cooperation, Teamwork and Courtesy are the core virtues in our community.
Processor: Impulse 9

DickNixon joined the server and openly proclaimed he was hacking and intended to do so.

Edited by Impulse 9
Lowered Pending GM and Player Feedback.

He was in my squad and didn't even know how to set up his controls I dont think he was hacking. I think it was just a poor joke.

Oh damn i was joking. I was implying since it was a 2:1 ratio and the teams were 21:11 and i said "dw im hacking" as implying it wouldnt matter about ratio. I dont really hack and im just trying to get back to playing UO.

I was told by Gkenny as we split channels for the briefing that he had heard somebody say they had just bought Arma and were hacking. I then asked in the channel if anyone knew who said it, and after a moment I was told that it was DickNixon. I then dragged DickNixon into a separate channel. I asked him if he had claimed to be hacking, and he responded, "Sorry officer, I didn't know I was speeding." I then told him that I simply wanted to ask him if what he said was true. He responded that he had just begun playing Arma again and had come back to UO, implying he was an old player. I told him that I just wanted to make sure that he was not planning to spawn a nuke on the server and ruin everyone's night. He seemed to express genuine surprise at this possibility and asked if that was even possible. I told him that someone with a cheat console can do all sorts of bad things. I then decided to leave the situation alone and observe DickNixon during the mission. I did not have any plans to ban him at the time.

Reducing Ban to 24 Hours -   1.1 - Maturity, Friendship, Professionalism, Respect, Cooperation, Teamwork and Courtesy are the core virtues in our community.

Immature actions and jokes, taken out of context, implied cheating with intent to disrupt gameplay.

Indirect answers via request by in-game GM only further added to confusion and immaturity.