Add CUP Sahrani into the modpack.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Add CUP Sahrani into the modpack.

• Yes
    • No

This poll seeks to add Sahrani back to the Mission Upload SOP's. Sahrani has been banned for three years, but has had numerous updates from the CUP team as with all other CUP islands that we also use. These included fixes to the major problems with the island back in 2015 when the island was polled for removal, though not all issues we had were due to the early CUP/A3MP version as detailed below. The Island does not need adding to the modpack as it is already included by default in CUP Terrains, this is a pure SOP change to simply allow missions to be uploaded that use the terrain.

As per the thread, http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/25577-remove-sahrani-island-from-mappack/

The two major problems with Sahrani at the time were,

- Incorrect Client Building Spawns (Some people had enterable buildings, others didn't.)

- Poor ground textures and object LOD's.

From what I've been told the issue with client buildings being incorrect was due to a conflict in the older modpack when we used AiA Terrains and the early A3MP terrains to try and maximise our A2 to A3 landmasses. Both versions had their own "Sahrani", and depending load order would load the Sahrani from that mod, which differed from others who had the other mod load their version of Sahrani. But as both are considered the same Sahrani, the server would not kick for an incorrect load order. Now that we use CUP Terrains solely, the issue is resolved and the island uses only the vanilla CUP assets.

Ground textures have also been updated as per the following images,

All past issues with Sahrani have been resolved, along with updates for lighting and other fixes with CUP. Making the island as playable, and good on framerate as other terrains. So with Sahrani already in the mod pack, removing the ban is only an SOP change. Meaning no additional downloads or changes are required.

The poll was requested by Deathstrike, I, as regular support this poll.

This poll requires a 3/4 vote lasting two weeks, ending on 2018-04-20.

This poll was put up at Regular Request.

Voting yes, as we have that fucking potato Porto in the modpack as usable. Sahrani issues appear to be resolved as well as they can be, and it's taking up space, so why not?

VOTE YES, we had some good missions for this terrain and I bet some of them can be updated, looking at Sovietpolarbear.

The map is in the modpack regardless of how this vote goes, it looks better than when I voted yes to remove so now I'll vote yes to allow mission makers to use it again. We lose nothing by voting yes

You fetchers better vote yes, cause I REALLY want to remake this master piece of shit:

NLzY4cn.png

Two of my old Canadian missions that were on Sahrani before the map got ""removed"" have been updated and are ready once the poll passes. 

Voted yes. It's not the greatest map, but it's in the mod pack anyway, so we might as well use it and have more variance of terrain.

Any indication if AI can see through the bushes/vegetation that is very prevalent on the map?

Any indication if AI can see through the bushes/vegetation that is very prevalent on the map?

The only maps that is an issue with beyond the ordinary are ones that use the FATA foliage.

The map is in the modpack regardless of how this vote goes, it looks better than when I voted yes to remove so now I'll vote yes to allow mission makers to use it again. We lose nothing by voting yes

Agreed. Voted yes.

Voting no for file size. My personal hard drive management should always direct UO policy.

Force

So yeah, @Force, if that's your only reason, then you may wanna rethink it.

Voted Yes, as i don't see a reason for not allowing it.

Why though? It is in the modpack wheather we like it or not. Might as well make something of it.

For one thing I have a mission that's about 70% complete and can't really be transfered due to the lack of a similar landmass to Sahrani, without Russki shit.

YgjKzgE.jpg

The comments against Sahrani so far has so far been understandable, some of the hilly areas are barren and barely decorated. But like with most terrains, it's the towns and the areas in between them that are mostly used in missions, and Sahrani offers plenty of areas that are useable and have enough terrains features. North Sahrani is also useful as it is the only map outside of the CUP CWA islands that captures the early European style with the mixed A1 and A2 buildings. Which is handy for missions aiming to replicate earlier equipment and fighting like I am currently in the mission I'm working on above. South Sahrani is more mixed but still has some good urban areas and the open terrain suitable for vehicles.

Like with all maps there are pros and cons, personally I see enough pro items on Sahrani to validate using it again. I'd like to know the specific areas that would affect a mission which brings in the no votes against this island.