The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Sign in to follow this  
James

AAR - Iron Front: WW2 Event [2018-03-31]

Thanks to everyone for coming, we had a solid 8-9 hours of gameplay.

Please post your feedback/videos/screenshots/stories here!

Missions played:

-- IFCO60 Le Roi Raid

-- IFTVT63 Ivachev Assault

-- IFCO69 Siegfried

-- IFTVT73 Chef Du Pont

-- IFTVT72 Digger Defence

-- IFCO85 Pithy Response

-- IFCO60 Blood and Sand

-- IFTVT110 Op Mercury Pt1

-- IFTVT40 Officers Wont Work

-- IFCO41 Stille Nacht

-- IFCO33 Platoon Attack

If people are interested in making missions for another event, contact myself, Kingslayer or Headshot via PM or TS.

Edited by James27

Fantastic event, thank you to all those that played yestrday, and to those that made missions for it.

With the exception of vehicle flipping on Siegfired, and the end conditions firing early on Digger Defence (which should be an easy fix for the next event), all the missions worked well from the technical side.

A quick AAR for each mission from my perspective:

-- IFCO60 Le Roi Raid

Started the event with a bang, landing on the beach under over of a massive haild of machinegune fire. Seeing all those tracers go up the hill was a sight to see. Once hitting the beach it was a bit of organised chaos, I got split up from my SL, Mark Interiis halfway up the hill, but still managed to get to the bunkers, find the guns, and assit with demolitions.

-- IFTVT63 Ivachev Assault

I was an SL on the German side. Headshot sent set of with his squad too early, and we were forced to charge through a cornfield under heavy fire to support him. Once in the forst it was no better, as we were picked off piecemeal by the villanous Ivan in the forest. I got shot about 7 times and then bled to death.

-- IFCO69 Siegfried

A shaky start, with slow movement and issues with flipping vehicles, but once we got going I really enjoyed this mission. Had a lot of fun leading my squad clearing ditches and houses on the side of the road, while the tanks and half tracks moved up along side us.

-- IFTVT73 Chef Du Pont

I was an SL for the Germans. We infiltrated the town without much issue, and got to the river, coming into contact with the enemy. My squad suppressed the enemy, and although we saw the tank getting knocked out, we were able to cross the bridge while inder fire. What followed was some vicious house to house fightiong, and I was able to get behind three Americans and kill them with my MP40. Unfortuantly shortly after this I met Leonidas who was on the American team,a dn although I emptued an entire MP40 mag into him, thanks to ACE medical, he survied and promtly shot me in the face with his Garand.

-- IFTVT72 Digger Defence

Not much to say about this one, we were about to get into contact and then the mission ended. I've spoken to the mission maker and it should be an easier fix, so we'll probably be playing this mission at the next event.

-- IFCO85 Pithy Response

I really enjoyed this mission, which was a good thing, as I made it! Cross country movement by truck was slow, but once the attack got going, we were bounding down the hill from cover to cover, while under heavy fire. The mortars seemed to be doing imperssive work, as did the biplanes. Unfortuantly an Afghan sniper then shot me, I respawned, and only made it back to town in time for the mission to end. I'd like to play this mission at full strengh, and I'm going to beef up the enemy AI a bit for a future playthrough.

-- IFCO60 Blood and Sand

Hit the beach, and got completly seperated by my squad I was leading. Ended up in close fighting with Japanese in bunkers and managed to bag several with my trusty Thompson. Unfortuantly shortly after that I got shot several times, and while alive, ran out of banadges. In a scene out of a Terrance Malick war film, I then wandered the battlefield for a while, unable to run, bleeding and in pain, unable to see because my view was going black and white and flashing cause of the pain indication. Fortuantly a mdeic resuced me, and the mission ended shortly afterwards.

-- IFTVT110 Op Mercury Pt1

Lead a German paratrooper squad. Managed to sneak up on Lancer and friend and kill them with grenades, but got killed in the advance on the outpost. Looked like we were going to win this one until Sheriff came up behind everyone and killed the Germans with his Thompson.

-- IFTVT40 Officers Wont Work

I played Alec Guiness, and directed my fellow POWs to pick up the banannas, as officers don't do manuel labour. Unfortuantly after an arguement with a beastly man over me opening the door to our accomodation to let some air in, someone shot me in the leg. When they sent their medic to help me, I decided to engage in a bit of sabotage and get the Japanese medic high on his own supply of morphine. Sadly Lancer noticed and decided to commit a war crime and shot me in the head.

I had to go to bed at this point as it was 3am UK time, and I'd played about 8 hours of arma, but I understand two more missions were played.

-- IFCO41 Stille Nacht

-- IFCO33 Platoon Attack

Again thanks to all that played. Please post all videos our images taken from the event, and your feedback. We aim to have the next event in a month or so, and to keep these WW2 events as frequent regular events.

If anyone wants to help make missions, please contact myself or James.

Had a really good time overall, despite minor technical issues. Will be posting my videos.

One note: on Siegfried Line and Chef du Pont, Bazookas must have been different. In former, I was able to range it, but on latter, not. Latter also looked worse and was clipping inside my head when I turned.

Had a really good time overall, despite minor technical issues. Will be posting my videos.

One note: on Siegfried Line and Chef du Pont, Bazookas must have been different. In former, I was able to range it, but on latter, not. Latter also looked worse and was clipping inside my head when I turned.

The Siegfried mission used Faces of War weapons. This was based upon feedback from the prior event for the Flak Guns mission which originally had Iron Front weapons. I created new versions of Flak Guns and Brecourt which now have FOW weapons and used the same basis for loadouts when developing Siegfried. I agree the FOW weapons look more realistic - even the magazines!