Sign in to follow this  
Matty93

Fallujah Terrain

Fallujah is a terrain that I'm sure we've all played in arma 2. its a 10km x 10km terrain. city is 4 x 4km area. if anyone isn't to know. Fallujah is a terrain based in Iraq.

Map allows plenty of options for a vast variety of missions

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908733096

• Have you tried the mod with our modpack?
  • Yes
  • Is the mod still maintained by the developer?
    • Yes the original maker handed the terrain to someone else a few months back so I believe that it is being maintained. last updated on the 7 Dec 2017
  • What is the mod's file size unpacked?
    • 201.5mb
  • What does the mod add that warrants it's addition to our mod pack?
  • Map that was well liked and enjoyed by many back in arma 2
  • very large terrain with over 3000 buildings and growing as stated in the mod description.
  • Houses and palms from ArmA1 to keep high performances and framerate
  • 2 Bridges and 2 dams
  • Real based road grid
  • Object placement AI-Friendly
  • Urban, desert and oasis area
  • One military airport to the south, one FOB on the northern area and another helicopter base in the northern city area.
Edited by Impulse 9

I was a big fan of Fallujah in Arma 2, and would love to see it return.

I do find it odd that the original author would not allow the uploader to make changes if it was to fix bugs.

There was actually some talk about maybe using this map for a TVT event in the distant future. Those plans are tentative, however. That said, I do not think it would be a good idea to put this map in the regular mod pack for the reasons that Best2nd brought up. AI shooting through walls is just unacceptable.

If they're all Arma1 buildings, won't that mean that the majority of the buildings will be unenterable? One of the biggest frustrations back in Arma2 days of Fallujah was that for being a city that comprised most of the map area, only a select few buildings had actual indoor sections.

The map was removed from the modpack due to the lack of enterable buildings, general collision issues, and lack of ablity for walls and buildings to stop sight/bullets. Unless those issues are fixed, it will not be added back short of a vote.