Sign in to follow this  
Limey

Escape from Tarkov?

So, as y'all enjoy ArmA 3 with adequate modsets, I trust your feedback - is this title any good? It looks very promising and detailed, I'm almost reminded of Escape Chernarus in ArmA 2 with the name, but as there's no reviews available, I'm hesitant to invest into the beta! How are the modular weapons? Ballistic system? Is it highly tactical? Lately, I've been appreciating PUBG, which is very derivative from the core mechanics of ArmA except movement (sad face), and I'm hopeful this could be another successor? 

Edited by Limey

Tarkov can be great, and it can also be one of the most frustrating games.

I look forward to it to continue to be developed. Gear/stats make the game play feel better. Initial playthoughs as you are building your stats and trying to get gear can be frustrating at best.

Investing in the beta is optional, eventually this shows quite a bit of promise. Watch a few streams of this on twitch. There is an established meta to most of it. The greatest difficulty I have with this title is simply collecting enough base line gear, running though and trying to progress against losing money on just having a few bad runs. Insuring gear and remembering to log in to try to recover some of it has been my largest difficulty in keeping the motivation to play.

Tarkov can be great, and it can also be one of the most frustrating games.

I look forward to it to continue to be developed. Gear/stats make the game play feel better. Initial playthoughs as you are building your stats and trying to get gear can be frustrating at best.

Investing in the beta is optional, eventually this shows quite a bit of promise. Watch a few streams of this on twitch. There is an established meta to most of it. The greatest difficulty I have with this title is simply collecting enough base line gear, running though and trying to progress against losing money on just having a few bad runs. Insuring gear and remembering to log in to try to recover some of it has been my largest difficulty in keeping the motivation to play.

Ouch, the final process described does sound a little frustrating, it's the kind of looting routine which had DayZ/Rust/Ark as swept underneath the Battle Royale field! With this and streams, I'm thinking I'll be patient to wait until the release for more of a better idea to the outcome - I have other titles to distract me at least!  

There are a number of people that have it in community. I dont know if they have really been playing it since yesterday's patch. I just started playing again myself and am not opposed to duo/pickups. But restarting after the recent wipe with new mechanics has been just a bit different.

I have yet to try the newest patch or read any of the patch notes.  Only seen what people have posted on YouTube but it looks interesting and will give it a go this week.  My luck going solo is not the greatest as many are running as groups in game.  I've been mostly successful on Shoreline and curious to see how its changed.  I might take you up on your offer.

Hey guys,

I played in the United Operations servers a few years back and really enjoyed my experience with the community. I've moved on from Arma since but have been playing around with Escape from Tarkov recently. Just wondering if United Operations has a community for this game? I'd love to learn/play with an organized group. 

Thanks!

There is about 10 people who play it, hop on and find me and we'll play some duos :D

Initial grind is killer for me, like Impulse says. I can barely scrape together gear for basic runs, as I try to avoid Hatchet runs personally. But I can't compete against fully geared players, nor even hide and avoid them most times. Kinda put me off, so I'm just watching how EFT develops now.

yeah if your not starting at the begining of a wipe and join in the middle its very rough.  If I miss a wipes start by a couple of days I tend to stop playing rather quickly.

I do , but I am currently waiting for the wipe to happen