Impulse 9

Enhanced Movement - Addon Request

Add Enhanced Movement to the modpack?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Add Enhanced Movement to the modpack?

• Yes
    • No

I would like to know about blacklist and mission makers’ ability to add things to it.

Generally I agree we should have a solution for things that vanilla/ACE treat as impassable but I would want to promote a solution that doesn’t allow you to just climb over wire obstacles

Broke open the mod and found an object blacklist I'll try test later this weekend for results.

v5ZEy7B.png

Edited by Bluef16

Update on the blacklist just tested it, It does work.

Is the blacklist set by the server or the mission maker? My preference would be a server setting.

Both, which is a good thing, lets us define sane defaults while allowing mission makers to make it more or less strict.

Tested it out, seems pretty neat. I would like to adjust the max height of objects you can climb unassisted, and add in walls/fences with wire/spikes to the blacklist.

From what I've seen and read, this seems like a good addition to the mod-pack. It would certainly add alternative tactics in urban environments. Yes

I have tested this with multiple doors (especially ones with overlapping cover, like small tin covers and such) and at quiet some occasions (especially when overlapping cover was present) I was able to get the mod to 'teleport' me through the closed entrance w/o making a single sound. I guess this has something to do, with the mod misinterpreting the upper part of a door as a climbable object? A single time I was able to provoke it into sliding me through a wall. Again with overlapping cover above my character.

Everything else did indeed look pretty awesome and could be a nice addition to gameplay when tweaked accordingly.