The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Impulse 9

Ban Removals - Sickofguessing

Remove all prior bans from Sickofguessing?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Remove all prior bans from Sickofguessing?

• Yes
    • No

Proposed removal of bans from user's prior history, the most recent being from 2013.

24 hours - http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/14044-ban-sickofguessing/

24 hours - http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/15103-ban-sickofguessing/

72 hours - http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/18468-ban-sickofguessing/

Last internal review item is from 2013 also but showed signs of improvement.

I believe everyone should be given a second chance. You've shown your willing to work with regulars by  starting an personal review thread, keep up this positive trend.  Good Luck to you.

This poll requires a 2/3 vote lasting one week, ending on 2017-12-10.

This poll was put up at Regular Request.

Yes, all of his bans are for minor stuff and are well over 4 years old.

Going to abstain in light of responses below. Will make a decision before the poll ends later this week.

If this poll fails I would urge the user to prove in the coming weeks that they truly have improved their behaviour and put up a poll again once the regular base has seen this improvement. 

Edited by James27

GIven recent events I feel that this should be an opportunity afforded to those returning to the community after a very long absence. Clean slate. Yes.

Yes

Edited by Bluef16

No, not at this time. I have seen no changes in your attitude, posting, or general behavior in the last four years to merit a clean slate now that you simply showed up again.

A series of argumentative, trollish, and disruptive posts (since your return) in off topic and ban threads does very little to inspire any confidence that you are still not a tier one shitter like you were in the past.

@sickofguessing do you have a response to this behavior?  Are you going back to your old ways?  Or rather have they not left you?  Abstaining for now.

Had a convo with Sick via PM. I believe he’s ready to come back and change people’s opinions on him. He’s unable to communicate in this thread, but he can in his review thread. I would suggest he use that method to discuss anything he wants to say to the Regulars about this poll. Voting yes

Edited by kalohepirate

I believe wholeheartedly that everyone should be able to clear the record if they can demonstrate that they have changed their attitudes over a period of time, and its nice to see you back again.

That being said I do not believe that absence and time alone can count as evidence of change, and the logs tell me the last time you played on the server was 2015.

I would prefer to see you back and playing for a while, giving us the opportunity to see this new more mature attitude before asking us to judge if it warrants the expunging of your past bans.

As a result I must vote no, I hope that my opinion will be changed by your conduct over the coming weeks and months its always nice to see people return after an absence.

I would prefer to actually seem someone on the sever exhibiting this new behaviour before I support removing prior bans. I’ll hold my vote until this weekend

A series of argumentative, trollish, and disruptive posts (since your return) in off topic and ban threads [...]

User should know better that to post off-topic comments in ban threads.

Based on the user's off-topic comment in a ban thread and the fact that he sent me this message after I looked at his profile, I do not believe that the user's behavior has changed and will be voting no.

Based on the above and what he sent to Deadly. User seems rather immature changing vote to No

Edited by Bluef16

Yes for now everyone deserves a second chance, although I will change my vote if the behavior is not up to scratch this weekend.  

Abstaining as I must admit that I have no clue who you are.

This user has a long history of personal attacks against myself and other members of this community. He has shown no remorse or remit in this regard since returning.

Immediately after his reappearance he resumed petty, needless and unwanted snipes against me personally. Taking a leave of absence is not grounds for absolution. I urge people to think over this user's past actions and ask; does this user consistently behave in accordance with the UO charter? I for one will be watching his behaviour, on the sever and otherwise, with a critical eye.

Abstaining until I am able to interact with you as I have no idea who you are now or what you were like back then. 

After interacting with Sick last night on ts I am not certain that he is not yet ready to have his ban history removed. 

Definitive no from me.

No due to not knowing who you are and what you were like back then and no interaction with you at all. no due to other regulars feedback.

Voting no, was using this week to judge but the user didn’t didnt play ARMA so it will be a no.