Force_Majeure

What is Force going to fly?

After the longest, hardest, and most rewarding year of my life, the jury has now spoken.

JrOPvm7.jpg

I will be flying the A-10C at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ! The A-10 was my number one choice among many aircraft and I have wanted to fly the Hawg since I was six years old. While a shortage of fighter pilots exists at the moment, the USAF is cutting back on fighter pilot production in pilot training effective immediately due to IP shortages at almost every fighter B Course throughout the US. Pilot training was very competitive, but I can honestly say (and Hellhound agrees, he himself destined for fleet aviation) that UOAF and flight sims in general put us way ahead of the pack. So effectively, thank you UOAF and simmers in general! If anyone has questions on what pilot training entails I can answer them.

Please enjoy this compilation of the best and meanest aircraft ever made.

Force

I spent forever looking for a suitable screenshot from PACT OP: The Game to include, but unfortunately I couldn't find one, so instead I give you this:

1*qqG-Gvi_JvRThqVATwgGqA.jpeg

WUUUUT!!!! I can remember when you were just starting the process of entering the Air Force..... dude amazing job 

Force the A-10 was your dream right? So this is what I imagine Force will be like when he first gets to see the inside of a real A-10C after fanboying of course: 

10dCOZF.jpg

Also any recommendations for stuff to do for aspiring pilots? (or stuff not to do?)

Edited by nighthawk2174

And here I was hoping you'd get to fly this :wink:

MlBI7ln.jpg

Congrats man, you deserve it.

Ahh yes the "flying turkey lemon".

I remember circa 2014 or so when Force and I were have a very very lengthy discussion on TS about him weighing options on even commissioning. Something a long the likes of 14N (Intel officer), CSO (Combat Systems Officer), ABM (Air Battle Manager) and RPA (what I do). After much discussion and deliberation, I'm extremely proud of him making none of those as a primary choice. I even threatened that if he became an ABM that I would never talk to him again.

Needless to say, Force busted his ass. His natural tendency to be a social hermit helped him, I'm sure. Many of nights texting between him, Hellhound and I trying to push him to the F-35. But we know where his heart was. A Weapons System without OBOGS.

Cheers to Force, I feel like a father watching his kid walk across the High School Diploma stage. Now he can finally blow shit up for real, and I might be able to buddy laze a GBU-12 for him in the future.

Well Done Force!! didn't matter what you got, you made it through flight school  :smile:

I’m very proud of what you’ve achieved there Force. Flying the A-10C will be a dream job for you I’m sure, and I hope it’s everything you hoped it would be.

Of course now we will finally be able to really evaluate ED’s work on the model and if it’s not right we can point to an actual A-10C pilot as evidence :)