Sign in to follow this  
Slider

TVT29_AbatisV2

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/page/ArmA3/missionlist/_/livemissions/tvt29-abatisv2-r1106?

- BLUFOR SL has no radio

- Briefing not fully clear on what BLUFOR has to achieve (defend point on the road vs delaying the enemy in the area for 15 minutes)

- Maybe add short setup timer due to vicinity of opposing forces, to allow players to fully load into game before contact? (1-2 minutes is enough)

As BLUFOR CO, I read the briefing several times before planning, but missed the single line where the obstacle on the road is mentioned, so I planned to spread the 8 people I had across the forest in a line, ambush the enemy, pull back a bit, do it again, for 15 minutes. BLUFOR can also game the conditions by having one guy sprint to the rear and trigger the exfil script, while REDFOR only has to bring their tank to a position which is ahead of BLUFOR's position, making is seemingly impossible of very difficult for BLUFOR to win the mission as we only have M72s and Jav is just about useless in a forest. Maybe if that obstacle was moved a bit back or REDFOR placed further back, would help. Seems right now, winning tactic is rushing a gagglefuck of vehicles and people onto the position about 100m away.

No setup timer.

The mission statement explains to disrupt the enemy until 0715 (15 minutes after the mission starts) in order to delay them.

The radio issue has been rectified - the volume of the vests used was changed in a BI update.

Beta, with that statement, I have positioned my guys, destroyed 2 BTRs, but the tank just came up 20-30 meters from the obstacle and won the mission. My plan was to initially ambush them, fall back 50-ish meters to next best spot, engage again and slow the advance for 15 minutes. I'm by no means versed in military stuff as you are, but is "disrupting" the enemy meaning to hold him in place while he's trying to advance, or slow him down for x amount of time and then pull back to exfil? How does that obstacle come into play in statement "disrupt the enemy until 0715 (15 minutes after the mission starts) in order to delay them" while all they have to do is come a bit close to it and self-interact to win the mission (same as us running straight back and interacting to win the mission).

No arguing intended, but I'd like to clarify the mission statement, because from conversation with others after mission, it sounds like all REDFOR does every time is rush the one point, making it a usual point attack-defence mission, yet that clashes with your intent and BLUFOR briefing.

Edited by Slider

The intent for BLUFOR is to ambush and withdrawl from the REDFOR.

The intent for REDFOR is to seize the obstacle while maintaining their T72 as combat effective.

The intent for BLUFOR is to ambush and withdrawl from the REDFOR.

The intent for REDFOR is to seize the obstacle while maintaining their T72 as combat effective.

Ok.

In real life, both sides do not have the same objectives.

The thought process behind this mission isn't something most of us are used to. It's been cleared up, some things learned.

Radio still missing for SL.

Sign in to follow this