Sign in to follow this  
KmO

Performance Impact of Large Minefields and/or Wire Obstacles.

I'm planning to include a sizable minefield in one of my missions. Are vanilla mines still as horrid on performance as they used to be in A2?  Also do razorwire barriers have a considerable effect on performance if I placed say 1km of it?

In OP Vanguard we had a 400 meter mine field 3 mines in depth I believe and we ran it at 85 players perhaps smooth. 

Edit: Was a TVT

Edited by Bluef16

I'm looking at a 1.5km minefield with a wire forward edge, i dont know how many mines deep yet for a zeus coop of 60 players. I'm worried slightly :/

i believe there is a script you can run on the minefields so they only "spawn" when there is about to be a collision. i.e infantry and tanks close.

that way you can have 1-5 km long minefield.

and the concertina wire can be made a "simple" item.

I don't like the spawning Idea, also making a simple item makes the wire invincible also something else i don't like.

Kmo I will say the mines will be alright but the wire if it stretches for that same distance it would be painful

Edited by Bluef16

Yeah I've decided to drop the wire for this distance. Maybe viable for shorter distances. Also for some reason I couldn't set it as simple object. Only vanilla objects (and not all of them) are able to be set as simple now. Did something change?

They removed the simple object option from a bunch of things because people were fucking shit up with it.  Just use...

[OBJECT] call BIS_fnc_replaceWithSimpleObject

...on the server if you're intent upon making it simple.

Edited by TinfoilHate

Could I run that in the object's init line? Also elaborate how you can fuck shit up with it

If you're doing it from init you need you'll probably want to specify server only as I said.

if (isServer) then {[OBJECT] call BIS_fnc_replaceWithSimpleObject };

In OP Vanguard we had a 400 meter mine field 3 mines in depth I believe and we ran it at 85 players perhaps smooth. 

As far as I was aware the minefield was fake news, on mission 3 yeah?

As far as I was aware the minefield was fake news, on mission 3 yeah?

Nope Medical M113 got wrecked on it

Nope Medical M113 got wrecked on it

Mission maker here. Yes the minefield did work. The mines people said weren't there were the mines actually in the town since a Bradley or two went over them without a detonation. However, the mines were there and didn't detonate because the Bradley didn't run over them with its tracks.