Sign in to follow this  
Whiplash

Problem with respawn

Hey,

been occasionally working on a mission where I want to have a simple respawn working. Now, all I want is basically, that players who die are going to respawn back at a custom position.

What I did is I placed a marker on map and named it "respawn_west". Then, in my description.ext file I set the respawn type to "BASE". I additionally placed the ACE Module in my mission to have players respawn with the gear they had when they died. That way, they will not spawn with the custom gear from the unit class.

Now, whenever I test this setup it works flawlessly. Player dies and instantly respawns at the marker position. However, when I add a respawn delay in either my description.ext or the EDEN Editor, then it breaks. As soon as I set the delay to more than 0, the unit dies, you can see the intended singleplayer death screen with the counter, but whenever the counter reaches 0 nothing happens. You are just stuck at that view.

Anyone got any advice on this rather simple matter? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Whiplash

Edited by Whiplash

Your going to need to post the various files associated with your respawn stuff.

My first guess would be Eden and the description.ext are not playing nice with each other. Try using one or the other for respawn.

There really aren't any files associated with the respawning.  Since I want to keep it simple, the vanilla respawn should totally suffice.  Therefore, like I said above, all I did was to declare the respawn settings (vanilla stuff) in my description.ext and then I placed the respective marker on map.

These are the code snippets of my description.ext that handle the respawning:

// Respawn settings
respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 0;
respawnDialog = 0;
respawnButton = 0;

I did uncomment this out and used the EDEN attributes instead.  Same effect.  As soon as I increase the respawn delay, I cannot escape the death screen although the counter run out (already happens when I set it to 1s).

Edited by Whiplash

Can't confirm but seems like the cause was setting the Singleplayer Deathscreen broke it.  Setting it to Mapview (select respawn location) or to nothing (player sees whatever he saw when he died) works just fine.