The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

HeadShot

Arma 3 - United Operations vs Battlegroup 21 [2017-05-20] 1900Z

qVfSxDf.png

The French Arma 3 Clan Battlegroup 21 has invited us over to play some TVT missions with them.

The event will have two stages, the first will be a dedicated "play test" with a more structured session to be announced in the following weeks.

This is the first stage, we'll be going over to their TeamSpeak and server to play one of the missions they have created for the event.

Event Info:

-Read everything-

The French Arma 3 Clan Battlegroup 21 has invited us over to play some TVT missions with them.

We're going to have two events, the first event will be significantly shorter than the second longer.

This Event will be the first of the two, we'll be going over to their TeamSpeak and Arma 3 server to play one of the missions they have created.

We will be using TFAR during the event, you can reference this link to find all the relevant keybindings: http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Along with TFAR, there's going to be a small server related mod that will need to be downloaded, 

The the mod list will be as follows:

Modpack Arma3Sync URL: ftp://repository.battlegroup21.com/autoconfig

Select the modest labeled: [bG21] 20/05/2017 Stress Test EVENT

giphy.gif

The REQUIRED ADDONS will be: 

(Our versions of the mods with the exception of ACE will work on their server.)

@ace
@BG21_Core
@BG21_Public
@CBA_A3
@CUP_Terrains_Core
@CUP_Terrains_Maps
@RHSAFRF
@RHSUSAF
@task_force_radio

Expected Event Duration: 2-3 hours

Please plan accordingly.

Event timeline:

1800z: Muster/Roll Call @ UO TS

1830z: Expected step off onto the BG21 servers.

1900z: Event Start

Sign-up Info:

Step 1: Read all the info above

Step 2: Go HERE and fill out the sign-up form.

Step 3: In this thread, post that you've filled out the form.

...See you on the battlefield

Edited by HeadShot

Completed.

Edited by Clark

I did it, do you know how big the BG modpack is? Also will Starfox be playing on the other team?

damn same times and day than UOAF events !

Anyway as I'm French let me know if you need help with those guys  :wink:

Questions about this event:

1.  Why are we, the larger community, going over to another community's server to "play test". Wouldn't it make sense to teach 20 people to use ACRE than ~50 people to use TFAR. 
  2. What are we "playtesting". Their servers ability to handle more than 30 people? A PRO's ability to make a 3rd train wreck of an event this year? 
  3. What is their mission structure, will this be another Russian event where their mission is entirely stacked against us. 
  4. What is this second event you plan on doing?

Their community is so small we could bring them to this server on a normal play date and experience everything we would in this event but with less hassle and problems on our part.

Edited by j0zh94

Questions about this event:

1.  Why are we, the larger community, going over to another community's server to "play test". Wouldn't it make sense to teach 20 people to use ACRE than ~50 people to use TFAR. 
  2. What are we "playtesting". Their servers ability to handle more than 30 people? A PRO's ability to make a 3rd train wreck of an event this year? 
  3. What is their mission structure, will this be another Russian event where their mission is entirely stacked against us. 
  4. What is this second event you plan on doing?

Their community is so small we could bring them to this server on a normal play date and experience everything we would in this event but with less hassle and problems on our part.

1. We were invited over to play with them, they offered and I accepted.

2. We're just going to play one of the three missions they've made for us.

3. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking exactly.

4. The second event would be three missions on either their server or ours depending on how this event goes.

This is just going to be a small event where we go over and play a game with another community, much simpler and smaller than what we did with Friday Night Fights

Edited by HeadShot