The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Sign in to follow this  
Gkenny

Russian Tactical Markers

Russian Tactical Markers for Arma 3

BE7kxc7.png

This small modification brings  over 150 Russian Tactical markers into Arma 3 to be used by both mission makers and in game briefings for more diverse and realistic scenarios. The markers included within the mod range from defensive emplacements (MG's, AGL's, ATGM's) to platoon through battalion formation movement and assault markers for armored, mechanized and motorized units as well as many others. 

The markers will appear as its own subcategory "Russian Markers" in the Eden editor, as well as being able to be placed from the drop down menu for in game briefings. However, when in game, these markers will appear before the vanilla ones, so you will have to scroll down through them to use the vanilla markers at the bottom of the drop down menu (If anyone knows how to alter the order so that the Russian Markers appear after the vanilla ones, please let me know!). Additionally, some of the markers will appear compressed when placed, so that when you are in the editor placing the markers the scale will need to be adjusted to either 2:1 or 1:2 to display the marker how it is intended to look. This can be done by double clicking on the marker after placing it down. 

Note that in Russian doctrine, blue markers are meant to represent enemy forces, while red markers are used to represent friendly ones. Black markers are used to designate friendly artillery, anti-air defenses, radios, engineers, and barrages. 

Download

Right click on the @RuMarkersGK folder and download it, then move the whole @RuMarkersGK folder into your /steam/steamapps/common/arma3 root folder. Once there, you should be able to see it in the A3 sync launcher or the Arma 3 launcher. (Size = ~1Mb)

If anyone notices any issues or mistranslations, please let me know.

Acknowledgements

Nathan, for guiding me through the process of bringing this mod to Arma 3.

Dead_Kennedy, the author of the original Arma 2 mod. 

I will appreciate the astronomical levels of REEEEE when people can't understand a map and report a mission as broken, thanks.

I will appreciate the astronomical levels of REEEEE when people can't understand a map and report a mission as broken, thanks.

Yeah, I hope that by giving people the option to play around with them and see their translations will cut down on that. 

Gkenny,  does the ArmaWiki link describe the markers in the mod?

Yes they should generally match up with those. However, you can also download the mod and then go into the editor, where you can see the markers and their meanings side by side. 

Adding in soviet/russian markers will enhance our ability to simulate the style and format of Warsaw Pact oporders.

10/10 will use.

Updated version: Download Link should have new version. 

Fixed a typo/misspelling 

Changed position of markers in drop down menu to appear after vanilla ones (Thanks TinfoilHate!)