Sign in to follow this  
Thawk

Steel Division: Normandy 44

I will pre order it, i trust both company's and  like the games they already made.

I was trying to decide if I'll pre-order it or not, is it basically just Wargame but slower and in WWII? Or have they changed any of the base parts of the gameplay?

Think I will get it. From what I can see, the fundamental game remains like wargame, but the stages of the battle and front lines element should alter the gameplay experience somewhat.

Basically, expecting a re-skin, but if there are positive game play changes, all for the good.

Played a round with Legion, Tin, and Azzwort. The game is very enjoyable, dare I say... better than wargame, imo

I was trying to decide if I'll pre-order it or not, is it basically just Wargame but slower and in WWII? Or have they changed any of the base parts of the gameplay?

Best thing I can recommend is watching the Dev gameplay videos and decide for yourself. There's a whole slew of them around here: https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadoxExtra/videos

Edited by SCFan42

I picked it up last night and left it to download while sleeping.  When I first saw it pop up I thought it was pre-order only but after looking at it again because of this thread.  I saw you gain access to the Beta I decide to pull the trigger.  I am sure I'll be playing this alot this weekend and if its as good as wargame I'll be a happy camper.

Any feedback on this? As it was a collaboration, I am worried about alterations, of course, from the Red Dragon formula which I regard highly as HoI's.

Picked it up and been playing it over the weekend. Been enjoying it so far. Hit me up if anyone's playing: IAJT on steam/Eugen.

As someone who feelt overwhelmed by Wargame but always wanted to get into it, I'm liking this so far.

Looking forward when the game  starts getting more fleshed out with more battlegroups and maps.

Does it have a campaign? I found myself playing modded campaigns in Red Dragon a lot more than multiplayer.

Does it have a campaign? I found myself playing modded campaigns in Red Dragon a lot more than multiplayer.

It don't have campaign atm, but at full release it will. 

So I got it, played 5 and lost 5....but I love it. Thawk_A on steam if anyone wants a game.