Add Darkfib3r as AFO  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Add Darkfib3r as AFO

• Yes
    • No

I would like to be considered an Officer of Air Forces, as per 4.3.6.6 of the United Operations Charter, in partnership with fellow Officer of Air Forces Gusy.  

As an officer in this capacity, my first objective will be to continue setting up and supporting event fragging teams in both Europe and North America to ensure continuity of operations and to better manage the current workload. This will include onboarding trusted members and training and supporting them so they can create and host high quality flight simulation events.

My second objective will be to continue overseeing, developing, and refining the UOAF wiki. My long term objectives with the wiki is to have a compendium of practical information that new and veteran pilots can draw on to help improve their personal and collective experiences at UO. It is my hope that the wiki acts as a tool that helps usher in new players and that it supports the growth of our community by acting as a foundation for developing minimum competencies and for guiding training.

My third objective is to help set up and support training initiatives. I would like to see trainers and students quickly organize and use the resources at their disposal to develop new knowledge, skills and abilities to increase their enjoyment and their effectiveness during events.

My final objective is to expand the offering of events within UOAF. In partnership with our team, I would like to develop and implement challenging tactical engagements as well as offer different play options such as PvP/TvT, contests, and themed events. I would welcome the opportunity to explore different simulator products and support organized grassroots events using different aircraft in different eras and theaters.

I am qualified to be an effective officer. I have been managing the UOAF since September, 2015, developing and moderating events and helping new players. Gusy and I joined forces in early 2016 and we have created an event planning, promoting, and moderating process that has proven to be quite effective. We also set up the UOAF wiki framework and helped organize and enable our skilled and enthusiastic players to contribute to this knowledge base and I am quite pleased with how the wiki is developing. I am organized and am respectful to others. I enjoy working with and growing teams and look forward to continuing working with our community.

Thank-you for your consideration.

This poll was put up at Regular Request.
This poll requires a simple majority vote lasting two weeks, ending on 2017-04-07.

DarkFib3r is a great guy and is extremely motivated and responsible. Couldn't think of anyone else better for the job.
Not Whiskey Delta

As it looks there you will be required to have a lot of delegates helping you.  How do you plan to accomplish this knowing that 4.3.8 requires delegates to be Regulars?

Also your applications talks of a partnership, what will happen if only one of you becomes and officer?  Are you prepared to proceed alone?

As it looks there you will be required to have a lot of delegates helping you.  How do you plan to accomplish this knowing that 4.3.8 requires delegates to be Regulars?

Also your applications talks of a partnership, what will happen if only one of you becomes and officer?  Are you prepared to proceed alone?

Hi kalohe, thanks for the questions.

The plan right now is to start encouraging our UOAF roster members to apply for regularship. They form the foundation of the air force office and their help will be instrumental in our success. There are also a number of enthusiastic and dedicated members who are helping out a lot that I will be personally endorsing to join the roster and run for regularship. My first objective is to encourage and support people who can be trusted to run the server and frag events. There are a lot of great people to choose from.

Gusy and I will remain trusted partners and confidants, regardless of how the officer polls play out. We will be successful if both, one, or even none of us get accepted as officers. So yes, I am prepared to proceed alone, knowing that I never truly will be. 

Same as in Gusy's thread, you're functionally already leading UOAF. Yes.

The plan right now is to start encouraging our UOAF roster members to apply for regularship. They form the foundation of the air force office and their help will be instrumental in our success. There are also a number of enthusiastic and dedicated members who are helping out a lot that I will be personally endorsing to join the roster and run for regularship. My first objective is to encourage and support people who can be trusted to run the server and frag events. There are a lot of great people to choose from.

Hopefully they will put in the polls soon.  Currently our charter does not allow for members and non-members to do such things.  Something as I said in Gusy's poll we should look at changing.  Looking over your roster there appears to be 3 regulars on there, 4 if including Lexi who's not on your wiki roster.  Hopefully this gets you started in the mean time.

For you it reads as if your plans are to keep the roster system while Gusy said he's for removing it.  Is that correct?

I am supportive of the direction of replacing the current UOAF roster system with the UO regularship system. We may still have a UOAF "roster" of sorts, but it would more than likely be a simple list on the forums identifying competent virtual pilots and not carry any further expectation of managing UOAF operations - that would be a role for the delegates.