Harrod200

Shadowplay & VOIP

Its sounds.weird but I use shadow play and it will record everyone elses voices over radio but not yours so for local I set my shadow play ptt the same as teamspeak so it records when you press it but for radio ptt im not sure tbh. I guess you could try using another recording program to just record radio ptt by setting that ptt as capslock on that program. I don't know a better way.

You can set shadowplay to voice activation , and then use another program as your PTT. Basically the program would mute the mic until you press it down but shadowplay is recording continuously. The program would allow you to use multiple PTT buttons Ctrl \ Caps...  . FInd me on ts if you want me to explain you how to do this  

You can set shadowplay to voice activation , and then use another program as your PTT. Basically the program would mute the mic until you press it down but shadowplay is recording continuously. The program would allow you to use multiple PTT buttons Ctrl \ Caps...  . FInd me on ts if you want me to explain you how to do this  

That sounds like it could work. What program would you suggest?

You could use OBS to capture from multiple sound sources and still capture video from the Nvidia recording chip.

I just set my Shadowplay to always on, but if you have a noisy background that might not be the best choice

I used FRAPs to record video and ACRE audio. I then used TS3 to record my normal PTT audio. Set up the same shortcut to start both FRAPs and TS3 and the same time and then just copied the FRAPs file and the TS3 audio file into Sony Vegas and rendered my movie. Was very easy.

Now that I have Shadowplay, I would just sub that in for FRAPs. 

I use AutoHotKey to trigger a 3rd button (numpad - which I have nothing bound to) and have my shadowplay PTT set to that 3rd key.

I have a script that activates that 3rd key whenever I press my teamspeak PTT or capslock in game. It's worked just fine for me. I even have an audible toggle to indicate the script is running/disabled. No audio syncing needed.

I also like to use AutoHotKey. You can have multiple configurations too. I have one for each game I play where the PTT key(s) are different (i.e. on warthog throttle button for flight sims)

Autohotkey is a good bet. For flight sims I just use the programmer for my joystick, but it works the same way. Make sure you include a short delay (I usually use 100 ms) before releasing the PTT (teamspeak already has this feature) otherwise you'll get cutoff in the recording,