Sign in to follow this  
Lexi

Hidden and Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron

Hey all, I have an itch I can't scratch to play this game with some people in MP but I know there are some issues regarding hosting (I believe the host needs to be running XP or Vista or some such weirdness). 

Is anyone interested in playing this game (campaign coop mode) with me? 

For those of you who don't know what H&D2 is about:

Hidden & Dangerous 2, like its predecessor, focuses on the British Special Air Service during the Second World War. It follows the same concept as the original tactical first/third person shooter. The game's LS3D engine was used by the game Mafia.

Gameplay elements such as the vocal commands, plan or real-time map control, vehicle usage, equipment selection and the first person mechanic were significantly enhanced from the original. The ability to take POWs, added enhanced stealth options for the player which include the acquisition of enemy uniforms. Mission types include, espionage, sabotage, search and destroy, town liberation, prisoner rescue, retrieval of enemy officers and documents, partisan assistance and assassination. The variety of locales include Norway, Libya, a Norwegian fjord, Burma, Austria, France and Czechoslovakia.

The expansion pack Sabre Squadron adds missions in France, Libya and Sicily. Some of the missions are modeled on real SAS exploits. However most of the game takes liberty with the historical time and place of SAS operations.[6] The missions are based on sandbox style game-play where players are free to roam a map and pursue objectives usually at their leisure and choice of sequence. A real time strategy mechanic also allows players to control events for staged sequential tactical maneuvers or through real time overhead command.

Yes it's not a pretty-looking game but it's an enjoyable campaign experience. Let your interest be known and we can work out the hosting issues if enough people wanna play!
Edited by Lexi

First session with Blue, BlackHawk, Jethro and others was a success -- we had to have some troubleshooting and download some maps to play the SP campaign in MP but overall we had a blast! Literally! ... also we failed to get any disguises so I remain bitterly disappointed. Let's play again soon!

also we failed to get any disguises so I remain bitterly disappointed

Played a fair few hours of H&D2 online recently, captured a German officer in the mission with the crashed bomber, couldn't take his clothes. Not sure if that's completely disabled in co-op.

Also, did you manage to host a game by yourselves? I remember reading that hosting a local server only worked on an XP system, don't have those lying around anywhere.

Played a fair few hours of H&D2 online recently, captured a German officer in the mission with the crashed bomber, couldn't take his clothes. Not sure if that's completely disabled in co-op.

Also, did you manage to host a game by yourselves? I remember reading that hosting a local server only worked on an XP system, don't have those lying around anywhere.

We captured one guy, and couldn't take his clothes.

If you read the fixes link that I posted, it fixes things! Including the XP requirement for a host (I hosted on Win7 and we used Tunngle).