Sign in to follow this  
HeadShot

Ban - SpitFir3Tornado

Player: SpitFir3Tornado

A3 PID: a653c428815e7d711f202f014acebc2e

TS3 ID: uU40w2E+HI3P7E8xRG1mU5BcN0k=

Length: 1 Week

Reason:

• Ignoring prior warnings or instructions by Officers.  
  • Reconnected after being told to sit out for the mission; SpitFir3Tornado failed to comply with the Admin's (Perfk's) request, which was to join the attacking team.
  • Numerous false ban reporting/requests against Officers and GMs tasked with ensuring quality of play for all users on the server not just a few specific individuals that repeatedly teamstacked denying others the opportunity to take certain roles in missions
Processor: Headshot/Nathan/Impulse 9

Perm/MicSpam - Removed http://forums.united...spitfir3tornado

ND 24 Hr - http://forums.united...spitfir3tornado

ND/TK 48 Hr -

72 Hr

1 Month - http://forums.united...spitfir3tornado 

Edited by Impulse 9
Minimum Escalation now reaches 1 week scale.

I slotted, got a drink and came back, joined briefing and was moved to a channel with Perfk and Barrage. He said he had asked us not to play defenders, I let him know that nowhere in the SOPs did it say that he was allowed to do that, as it does not. Perfk replied that it was not his decision but he was being told to do it, he seemed to not care at all. I was slotted as a mission critical asset and had already been in briefing, and was kicked for no apparent reason to myself. I rejoined, and told Impulse that he should be concerned with the conduct of his officers as they were taking out personal attacks for no reason and disrupting play on the server. Impulse essentially informed me that Officers and GMs may do whatever they please without consequence as long as they believe it is best for the server. I had failed to get a response to whether he thought kicking players from leadership and/or mission critical assets was best for the server before I was banned.

If Headshot believes it is within his power given by the charter to bully members of the community because he does not personally like them, even in the case it is detrimental to server gameplay as mission critical assets are lost (or leadership as Barrage was slotted), I'd love to know where in the SOPs that power is defined.

I'm glad to follow rules that exist, but those in power should not be able to command others to do their wish for no reason, especially when detrimental to gameplay and the order of the server.

Perfk attempted to explain to us what the reasoning was but couldn't seem to figure it out as to why we were being asked to join the attackers. If there is a legitimate reason I'd love to hear it, but otherwise I fail to see how this is more than just another example of regulars abusing their power to do whatever they wish without recourse.

As well you have now added "False ban reports". I'd love to know first of all, how any of my reports were false when rather they were all very truthful and justified reasons for bans. Again this is just showing how you (and Briland) abusing your power.

I pick roles that I want to play, I fail to see how that is denying others to opportunity, everyone has an equal opportunity to take a role. I fail to see how "Teamstacking" is against SOPs, or how I would ever manage to do this.

If you have a legitimate reason to ban me, I would love to know.

Game Moderator SOP

1. Game Moderators are delegates of the GSO. Moderators are charged with the enforcement of the charter, mission selection and quality of play on servers.

Gameplay SOP

1 - Mission Position Selection

1.1 - Mission Leadership

1.1.1 - A Leader will be established for any teams present before open slotting may occur.

1.1.2 - A Leader may call for positions to be filled individually before active slotting continues.

1.1.3 - A Regular/GM/GSO may deny the appointment of said Leader if the user has shown gross incompetence in the desired role.

2 - Critical Roles & Assets

2.1 - Users that wish to take mission critical roles (Leadership & Assets) are expected to be competent in their use.

2.2 - A Mission leader may select individuals for use of mission critical assets.

2.2.1 - A Regular/GM/GSO may deny the appointment of said resource if the user has shown gross incompetence in the desired role. 

According to presidence, the "defending" team is considered a mission critical role, thus are regulated by GMs and Officers.

Were were verbally told to change slots from a defending team, to which you ultimately ignored. You were then kicked from the server, with a clear message to not rejoin and reslot. After rejoining and slotting the defending team yet again, this action was the only logical choice.

As for the ban duration, you have exausted your 24/48/72 hour bans, and the next step is one week.

Log of kick from server:

19:59:29 Player SpitFir3Tornado kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Kick (Failure to listen to admin, Do not rejoin the server until the n)

20:20:53 Player SpitFir3Tornado kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Ban ([DaRT] http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/27842-)

Edited by Nathan

Game Moderator SOP
1. Game Moderators are delegates of the GSO. Moderators are charged with the enforcement of the charter, mission selection and quality of play on servers.

Gameplay SOP
1 - Mission Position Selection
1.1 - Mission Leadership
1.1.1 - A Leader will be established for any teams present before open slotting may occur.
1.1.2 - A Leader may call for positions to be filled individually before active slotting continues.
1.1.3 - A Regular/GM/GSO may deny the appointment of said Leader if the user has shown gross incompetence in the desired role.

2 - Critical Roles & Assets
2.1 - Users that wish to take mission critical roles (Leadership & Assets) are expected to be competent in their use.
2.2 - A Mission leader may select individuals for use of mission critical assets.
2.2.1 - A Regular/GM/GSO may deny the appointment of said resource if the user has shown gross incompetence in the desired role. 

According to presidence, the "defending" team is considered a mission critical role, thus are regulated by GMs and Officers.

Were were verbally told to change slots from a defending team, to which you ultimately ignored. You were then kicked from the server, with a clear message to not rejoin and reslot. After rejoining and slotting the defending team yet again, this action was the only logical choice.

As for the ban duration, you have exausted your 24/48/72 hour bans, and the next step is one week.

First of all, it is entirely bullshit to say a defender is a mission critical role. I think you are missing a key part of the SOP,  "if the user has shown gross incompetence in the desired role.". If I have shown gross incompetence, add a blacklist and I won't slot it. Otherwise I fail to see how this is valid.

Again, I will point out how is kicking leadership or mission critical assets improving quality of play. I was not at my computer when I was supposedly told to change slots, and when I was already in brief and Perfk pulled me into a channel, he essentially said that he did not care but had been told to say it, and did not request for me to deslot further. When I asked him as to why I was kicked this was the conversation we had: https://gyazo.com/8e048d44cac68b43fcf52f18a941f867

This did not seem to me at all like I was asked not to rejoin, and I was not kicked for a real reason anyways.

I will point out an obvious contradiction in these statements, you are accusing me of "teamstacking" and then saying I am showing "Gross incompetence" in the "defender" Mission critical role. Which is it? Am I incompetent or am I too good at defender it is detrimental to gameplay?

I will also point out that as per

Game Moderator SOP

Headshot is neither a GM or a GSO, and therefore should have no say in the enforcement of quality of play according to this SOP. According to my conversation with Perfk, Headshot (who was the only officer present) was the one who seemed to approve this had no jurisdiction, and Perfk seemed unconcerned, as if he had been coerced into doing this (which perhaps is also visible in his retraction of the statement that an officer kicked me, suggesting instead that some magic force kicked me at an officer's command). This is what led me to continue to play.

Log of kick from server:
19:59:29 Player SpitFir3Tornado kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Kick (Failure to listen to admin, Do not rejoin the server until the n)
20:20:53 Player SpitFir3Tornado kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Ban ([DaRT] http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/27842-)

I  never saw this message, and was never warned not to rejoin, and fail to see why I was kicked anyway after my conversation with Perfk in which he was unconcerned, and even moved me back into the teamspeak channel with my team.

"Ignoring prior warnings or instructions by Officers."

Perfk is not an officer so I am curious why this is here. And again I'd like to say that Perfk and I talked, and he said it was not his decision (did not name names), but he seemed unconcerned and even moved me back to my briefing channel.

As Acting Admin (and GM).

I would like to state that I supported the discussion to remove you from Defender.

My decision was based on quality of play.

W have always had players that wanted to play defender more than attacker, so we try to ensure that everyone gets a chance to play defender. You are one of the ones that I and others have noted always play defense. Is this unfair, sure, I sadly dont have access to any tools that can tell me the procentage of how often a player plays on X side. can I only go with my gut. and the information that is being shared among the GM/regulars.

So this is purely based on fairplay, and giving everyone a chance. (Everyone does not have equal chance to get a slot, as some get to the slotting list later than other.)

As Acting Admin (and GM).

I would like to state that I supported the discussion to remove you from Defender.

My decision was based on quality of play.

W have always had players that wanted to play defender more than attacker, so we try to ensure that everyone gets a chance to play defender. You are one of the ones that I and others have noted always play defense. Is this unfair, sure, I sadly dont have access to any tools that can tell me the procentage of how often a player plays on X side. can I only go with my gut. and the information that is being shared among the GM/regulars.

So this is purely based on fairplay, and giving everyone a chance. (Everyone does not have equal chance to get a slot, as some get to the slotting list later than other.)

I would say I probably do play defender more than attacker, but not incredibly, maybe like 60/40, again I pick slots I want to play as whether defender or attacker, I tend to go for AT or explosives as I enjoy utilizing those systems. I fail to see how people can get to the slotting screen so late that they do not get a chance to take a slot on a defending team. This also is not my fault, I am joining slots as they are called, if someone gets it before me its too bad, if I get it before someone else its still too bad. This is how the community operates, we do not raffle off slots or go through signups or anything. Randomly deciding people can't take slots for a reason such as you think they play an entire "class" of "slots" (an entire TEAM) too much is ludicrous. Saying that I should not slot defender to give others a chance to slot it does not solve any problem. It just means a different person is going to get defender more often. If your computer/internet is so slow you can't make it to the slotting screen I fail to see how you can manage to run the game and play it.

Instead of having a discussion about this with the actual players it was affecting, clearly the administration has decided to randomly made judgements without any research as indicated in your post, and also without any regard to gameplay. Asking someone to switch slots on slotting screen should be definite or not, you allowed me to slot defender (I was AFK at the time), and then told me you were told to tell me to not but you did not ask me to switch and moved me back to my team's brief, and then an officer proceeded to kick me for slotting defender. I fail to see how this was fair to me or my team, who lost a mission critical asset. It is clear there was a communication failure on your end either to me or to Headshot.

Again I'd like to point out the language you use does not indicate it was your decision, you say you supported the discussion, and the "Decision" you made was rather to say it rather than ignore doing what it seems you were told. Again, I'd like to point out that if there is a significant number of people who think this way, this is why there exists a democratic system in the community where a regular/GM/officer such as any of yourselves could submit an operation to add a rule saying you must not play defenders more than twice in a row or something to that effect.

SpitFire, I am going to be completely blunt with you. 

You were asked politely multiple times to deslot, by both and officer and the active admin (GM). Under 1.4 of the Game Moderator SOPs, all Officers are considered to be GMs. Your actions were actively trying to undermine the authority of the admin, where as you knew you were not allowed to slot defending teams, but continued to do so. You were then kicked off the server, to which you reconnected within a minute and a half. Even after being kicked from the server, you continued to ignore two GMs warnings and again slotted as the defending team. At this point, you were banned from the server for game disruption and ignoring the active admin and GMs. I was present in the channel when Perfk asked you to move to the attacking team, and you did not listen. If you believe that the reason I kicked you from the server was "not a real reason anyways," then by all means, you are welcome not to return. 

19:59:29 Player SpitFir3Tornado disconnected.
20:01:00 SpitFir3Tornado uses modified data file

As for the false ban reports, you have posted two bans on officers who were actively administrating the server, and who have asked you to do items that you did not like. Both times, the person you were banning was in the right, thus the false ban reports added after the fact. 

From here, instead of trying to realize what you did wrong and try and amend this situation, you have become argumentative and think that every explanation that is given to you is bullshit, and I am tired of it. At this point, you have two options. The first one is to accept the ban and come back in a  week, to which you can continue to play here. The second is to continue to think we are picking on you and try and create non-existent arguments, to which case I have no problem removing you again.

It is your choice to either accept this as is or to push it further and heavily risk being removed again.

Edited by Nathan

I'm unsure if you can read, but I will reiterate this again. I went AFK after I slotted. If I was unresponsive and was not allowed to slot on the defending team, why not force slot me to the attackers if it was such an issue? I came back, joined the brief and Perfk talked to me, and essentially said he was being forced to say this but he was giving me a warning, and then moved me back to the defending briefing. If you then kicked me, I fail to see how this was my fault. If you believed Perfk was wrong, you should have taken that up with Perfk and not gone against his authority as the acting admin. I rejoined because I did not see a kick message, I have a bad computer and my game runs incredibly slow so it is feasible I just mashed escape when it went to a black screen when I was kicked and I missed it, but I will also point out again the kick message is not complete and how was I supposed to know what was going on, especially if it is for "Failure to listen to admin", when I did listen to the admin entirely to my capability. I was never warned not to rejoin or not to slot defenders, as could have easily been accomplished by a teamspeak message. I fail to see how I was disrupting the game, when I was slotted as a mission critical asset and was simply attempting to play, and the administration was causing a ruckus in trying to not let me play that slot. I never ignored Perfk, who was the acting admin and only GM I interacted with.

I fail to see how these ban reports are false. The one on Briland I still think should have gone through (He was threatening to kill the server because people would not slot the leadership for the missions he wanted to play, he kicked me for being AFK while I was speaking), but upon revelation of the autocracy of the officer position, the one on Headshot is not valid, but is it false? No.

The only perceivable things I can see as to what I have done wrong, to break the rules of this community, would be that I reconnected except I did not see the kick message and it was not complete anyways. I continue to believe that the administration is actively ignoring facts about this situation, as I have already discovered that someone has lied to Impulse as to what happened by telling him I was told not to slot, then disconnected and rejoined during briefing, which is patently false. As well, I fail to see how I was allowed to play by one GM who was acting admin and has spoken to, then kicked by another who never spoke to me or interacted with me at all.

1o4762M.png

At this point, your story is fully fabricated AS YOU SAW THE ABOVE SCREEN, AND HAD TO CLICK CLOSE TO GET OUT OF THIS.

1o4762M.png

At this point, your story is fully fabricated AS YOU SAW THE ABOVE SCREEN, AND HAD TO CLICK CLOSE TO GET OUT OF THIS.

I'm glad you make such a convincing argument, only replying to a single detail. I did not see this screen is what I'm saying, ARMA is an incredibly glitchy game it is very possible I assure you.

I'd appreciate if you would respond to any of my actual argument, such as the why you even kicked me which seems to be against Perfk, who was the acting admin and had actually spoken to me.

I find humour in how you claim my story is fully fabricated due to a believable error in the game, disregarding eveyr other point which is easily provable by looking at TS/server logs, such as how Perfk moved me back into the briefing channel with my team.

To again summarize this as the administration has stopped responding.

Ignoring prior warnings or instructions by Officers.

I was never warned or instructed by an officer to do anything.

Reconnected after being told to sit out for the mission; SpitFir3Tornado failed to comply with the Admin's (Perfk's) request, which was to join the attacking team.

I was never told to sit out, except in this broken kick message which I missed. I was AFK when Perfk made this request, and he allowed me to play on the defenders, as per him 1. Not Deslotting Me 2. Our Conversation 3. Moving me into Defender's briefing

Numerous false ban reporting/requests against Officers and GMs tasked with ensuring quality of play for all users on the server not just a few specific individuals that repeatedly teamstacked denying others the opportunity to take certain roles in missions

I fail to see where false ban reports are a ban reason, or how any ban report I've submitted is false. I fail to see how kicking users in mission-critical roles is ensuring quality of play. I fail to see how I was ever teamstacking, or how me taking a role denies others to slot it, and if me taking a role is doing this, then how is anyone taking a role not doing this? The reason I played defenders in the specific mission this happened is because I played attackers the first time it was played, and I saw Salsa was COing and I wanted to play with him. I took the slot in his HQ as he called it, I fail to see how this is unfair or teamstacking, opposed to exactly what it is, which is following the standard slotting procedures of UO. At this point, I went AFK to get a drink, as I did not want to miss the briefing.

You were told not to do something by a GM and or Officer and you continued to do it.

You were told not to do something by a GM and or Officer and you chose to cause more disruption to the server by arguing with the acting Admins, impacting everyone's quality of play on the server.

You were told not to do something by a GM and or Officer and you sought out input from users not present for permission to go against acting Officers and GMs on the server.

You were told not to do something by a GM and or Officer and you processed multiple ban requests against the acting Officers and Game Moderators.

Your existing argument is that reasons outside the scope of this ban must be considered as relevant when they are not related to the ban in question.

Your existing argument is that it is some other entity's fault that it you did not listen in numerous instances.

Your existing argument is that it is some other entity's fault that you claimed to be away and did not hear instructions that had been given to you multiple times over the day.

Your existing argument is that it is some other entity's fault that that you were also incapable of reading a dialog box on your screen in Game.

Your existing argument is that it is some other entity's fault that that you were also incapable of reading a kick and ban messages in Teamspeak.

While we had lifted your prior permaban for immaturity I fail to see how anything has really changed.

It is quite apparent that you are not trying to fit in or work within the rules we have as a community.

You have had seven bans in the past for disruption, one permaban that was lifted, and two bans since your return.

You have made no attempt at dialog with the regulars and officers in your review thread since your return other than to deny bans within other communities that lead to your return.

You have made no attempt to have discussions with the regulars or officers about the actions that lead up to your last ban, aftermath or followup for topic clarification that lead to this ban.

In addition to constantly trying to rulelawyer every action by people that have voiced concerns or given direct input to you about the community rules and conditions put upon your probationary return.

You do not have an understanding of the rules of this community, yet you are working on a partial understanding and selectively choosing rules that you think do not apply to yourself, and trying to use them against others for your own entertainment.

The ongoing claims that it is everyone else but yourself that is at fault is weak and childish as an understatement.

In general we do not escalate bans that are in process of which is the only reason we have not revoked the this ban in it's current state to re-institute your prior permaban as it is abundantly clear that you have no intention or desire in changing your behavior or trying to act in a mature manner.

If you would wish I will gladly end your donor status and let you move on to somewhere that is more fitting as this community is obviously not a right fit for you.

I think there has been a grand misunderstanding on my part. When Headshot had much earlier in the day asked me to reslot, I did comply, and his reasoning was solid, I had just played defenders 3 missions in a row, I wasn't happy but he asked respectfully so I did. If this was meant to be a rule from that point on, then I misunderstood that completely and apologize. I still disagree with how I was actually banned, as I was talking to Perfk who was the server admin, but people decided to act covertly in the shadows rather than speak to me or Perfk. Impulse's post has shed some light on this entire thing for me and I think I understand the issue here. I thought Headshot was just asking for me to switch that mission as his reasoning was that I  had just played 3 defenders for 3 missions in a row. I enjoy playing here and do not wish to stop, I'm unsure at exactly what point this went wrong, but it is likely my fault for misunderstanding Headshot. I can understand why I was banned now if that was his intention. I still think if this was what he was requesting, there is a blacklist option for a reason and communication could have been much more clear, but I can see how I was at fault from the perspective of others while remaining ignorant to it myself.

Sign in to follow this