Add Blue as a Regular  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Add Blue as a Regular?

• Yes
    • No

I have never nominated anyone for regularship before, and I don’t take it lightly. But Blue has left a very positive impression on me since I’ve first seen him on the primary months ago. Over time this impression was only strengthened and I’ve never been given reason to doubt it by him or by anyone else.

One of the things that impressed me was how quickly he got involved with the community. Having come to play Arma, he is registered with UO for years but only actually played with us since late 2016. Within a couple of weeks here he, out of his own initiative, was already helping testing and reporting potentially broken missions in one of the “great purges”.  He’s one of those guys who got here and rather quickly “got it” how things work.

At first I thought that so much enthusiasm was likely to die, but I was wrong. Months passed and he’s still keen. He seems to like and care for UO a lot. For example, he is eager to come up with  ideas and projects to spread the word about UO and to get more people to play with us. He’s also always keen to help with mission making (such as testing etc.).

He seems to have come to UO for the right reasons as he has organized, team-oriented tactical play in the highest regards, and he is not afraid of taking the initiative to make it happen. When on the primary I consider his attitude in to be outstanding. More than once I’ve seen him call people out on their bullshit (especially when the numbers are low and people want to goof around) in situations in which many if not most would either shrug it off or even follow suit.

When he first started playing with UO he was clearly not green: He has experience from other communities/units, and it shows. He knows his shit and he’s always eager to learn more. He’ll often take leadership and frequently fill the role of admin on the server - and a very good one at that. Where many would at least on occasion fulfill these roles with a hostile or even belligerent tone, Blue’s personality is an example I try to learn from. He’s patient, friendly, and shows great kindness towards others. 

Lastly, his involvement with UO goes well beyond Arma 3. He strives to help newcomers get their stuff sorted, be it via TS or forums. He’s often socializing and playing several other games on TS. I can’t speak for UOAF but I know he has an interest for the sims and I’ve seen him doing some flights in there too.

Thus Blue is someone I’d be happy to see having even more influence within the community and across all media. He’d be the kind of combination of good player + good person that I’d like to trust in with having a role in the direction of this community for the future, and I’d like to invite you to do the same.

Luiz Silveira

This poll is put up at Regular Request.

This poll requires a 2/3 vote lasting 1 week.

Hey! I go by the name Blue and I live in the United Arab Emirates. I am currently studying Mechanical Engineering with a focus on Aerospace Engineering .I accept Luiz’s nomination for Regularship (Many Thanks Lui!).  

I became an active member in this community on September 09 of 2016. I’ve been through 3 other milsim communities such as “Task Force Spartan”, “25th MEU” and “3rdID”. The first two communities disbanded while the latter was a community that I didn’t feel that I will enjoy due to their rank system. I participated in all these communities in the PR side of things by recruiting and having CO events with other communities and I wish to involve myself more in UO in the same manner.

During the past 5 months I’ve learnt so much from UO and I wish to return the knowledge that has been given to me with work. I feel like I could help the community to achieve more outreach and advertising. One of the ways in which I could do this would be by working closely with the PR office. For example suggesting events (Which I’ve already begun please see attached link) and retrieving statistics from players on how they found out about UO to understand where we lack from the recruiting point of view. I also try to help any member in need when they ask for help on TeamSpeak. I’ve begun to look into mission making so I am positive that down the line I will be contributing missions to the community. Lastly, I am not afraid to step up into leadership positions and take action when needed.

Edited by Bluef16

He is a good user, helped testing missions, always shows a positive attitude.

Blue makes a good team mate in game and has never displayed hostility, incompetence or immaturity towards others (in my opinion).

Blues a great guy to play with and has been a amazing lead when it comes to arma,

Blue is a great player. He leads, helps control the rabble on the server and is an asset to the community. If he chooses to continue his pledge to help out the PR office, I have no doubt that UO will greatly benefit from his involvement.