RustyUK

Tactical Tuesday?

Hi Guys,

Today might be Blue Monday but I was wondering if the concept of Tactical Tuesday is still live and well at UO? 

I noticed that the player base and playtime's are somewhat fragmented compared to a few years ago, but it would be great to join you guys for a series of well led and seriously played missions. (perhaps even campaign style like OP Vanguard)

Let me know what you guys think. 

im in. im totally in.

if i may, i would like for the TactTes to make use of Steam Event Notification, at least until ther thing gains momentum again.

Didn't tacTuesday kill UO?

:illuminati:

User received a warning point for this post.

Edited by Impulse 9
3.4 - Zero Content, Uninformative, Unhelpful, and Off Topic posting. & 3.5 - Catchphrases, Memes, Image Macros and Internet Speak/Slang.

No longer an Arma community.

:illuminati:

User received a warning point for this post.

Edited by Nathan
3.5 - Catchphrases, Memes, Image Macros and Internet Speak/Slang.

It would be a pleasure for me to be able to play on the weekdays and to see more people connected.

Many times I wanna play but nobody is online and frankly I don't know where to play in that case ...

Tac Tuesday was great...DR AQUAFRESH, gone but not forgotten....POW MIA

Where is Aqua? :sad:

If Ratlover comes and leads Mogilevka Deluxe I might reinstall ArmA

Edited by Gabe

Because the violence of action will solve all problems.

Enemy has tanks and you have no AT? VIOLENCE OF ACTION!

Heavily outnumbered and surrounded? VIOLENCE OF ACTION!

Completely incompetent and unable to lead a alcoholic to the pub nevermind herd the feline masses of UO? VIOLENCE OF ACTION!

Good to hear guys, maybe see some of you tomorrow, I'll be on. Miss the old WAC missions we used to run. 

He's gone?  :blink:

I don't know about every week just because I feel like the time in between allows people to plan ahead and gives missions to breathe. Taking the account that weekends do spike up the server pop, we'll be playing the same missions mostly every "Tac Tuesday" as well.  Unless the rate of new missions goes up, maybe every 2 weeks or 3 for a well planned event ( such a series of 3 new missions that are within a campaign) might be better for quality and moderation purposes. My 2 cent.

I don't know about every week just because I feel like the time in between allows people to plan ahead and gives missions to breathe. Taking the account that weekends do spike up the server pop, we'll be playing the same missions mostly every "Tac Tuesday" as well.  Unless the rate of new missions goes up, maybe every 2 weeks or 3 for a well planned event ( such a series of 3 new missions that are within a campaign) might be better for quality and moderation purposes. My 2 cent.

That's correct. I think it used to be every two weeks or so, which regulated well. 

Great I am down and I dont mind leading or so count me in!

That's correct. I think it used to be every two weeks or so, which regulated well. 

Pretty sure it was every week.

Depends on which interaction of Tactical Tuesday. Don't forget Wactical Wednesday.

I would love a return of Wac Wednesday and or Tactical Tuesday. It won't t take much to bring them back. We have plenty of Coop mission that feel like WACs on the server and we just we need a regular or two to run the show. Anybody can run TT or WW but a regular is vital because they can quiet down the rabble and ban a guy very quickly. 

Never forget the days on UO where a GM would mute the entire primary channel and then proceed to unmute leadership for a 60 player WAC mission. 

It was every week and it was great until last couple months of it. It was a Tac Tuesday mission that got me really going in A2. I remember sitting by a road, with platoon of tanks rolling by, while rest of company did other stuff. Great days of 100+ players and 5-10 FPS.

We do not need specified dates.

Pill and me seeded the server in less than 30 minutes today and had some cool hours of fun with 12-14 players.

You only need to be present and make people aware. Poke your steam friend list and add the people from the UO group.

(Just do not overdo it, some peps get pissed when you poke them >1 per attention span/evening)

I would love a return of Wac Wednesday and or Tactical Tuesday. It won't t take much to bring them back. We have plenty of Coop mission that feel like WACs on the server and we just we need a regular or two to run the show. Anybody can run TT or WW but a regular is vital because they can quiet down the rabble and ban a guy very quickly. 

Never forget the days on UO where a GM would mute the entire primary channel and then proceed to unmute leadership for a 60 player WAC mission. 

This is correct, and I think we can make a good start by all being on, then naturally it will grow. A few people went to the effort of seeding yesterday and it went really well. 

We do not need specified dates.

Pill and me seeded the server in less than 30 minutes today and had some cool hours of fun with 12-14 players.

You only need to be present and make people aware. Poke your steam friend list and add the people from the UO group.

(Just do not overdo it, some peps get pissed when you poke them >1 per attention span/evening)

Yes sir and it was fantastic. Maybe see you guys tonight.

Edited by RustyUK

I'm working on afternoon shift today and tomorow but you can count me in as soon as I'm off  :wink:

Cheers for all the input guys, have condensed the main points below in case staff members/regulars are able to pick up on this. 

Summary Points:

• Sessions would work best on a bi-weekly basis, if not longer to allow for good planning/breathing room.
  • Use of the event notification on Steam to provide a quick heads up. (suggestion by Maffa)
  • Presence of regulars would be a great help, not only for order but a greater tactical emphasis. (suggestion by sovietpolarbear)
Edited by RustyUK