y3uogVWzVjpY1c5GlMSN5AlbkV0=

qOItxfzgqBAjHPLjHFC9yW6+rU8=

X64P+XsEylSzVC/+vTcb2oOIVSo=

WhZKAK//bp1swZ2TWh5S5oI7cko=

+GduRBUxgz+QNargsvFfgJQ4yss=

Xi0XqhG2dshipeWCjWwiu6qeiX8=

2cDi74OADVpIsMQx6Ei/Ak/Z33s=

Length: 24 Hours - Removed - Time Served

Reason: Circumventing ACRE by use Group/Side/Global/Command chat for mission information (Excluding JIP status update/minimum information)

Processor: Impulse 9

By use of SteamChat to notify people of who was left alive in a TVT scenario.

I Imagine the reporter of this ban was the person I told which I can understand because he didn't have the full story. I do not agree with the fact that he didn't seek for the whole story before reporting me but nevertheless, it happened. 

Explanation:

After a little while (i'd say about 10 minutes) of not very much action people that were not alive and spectating started to get a little bit rowdy and impatient. At first I told them to be patient and get over it but they consistently whined about how long the mission was going to drag on because of the last player "running away" from the enemy.

Eventually a conversation sprung up between the admin (Achilies) and another player (who I believe to be hundfan) about whether or not the admin should call it. The admin suggested that he state in Global Chat that there was only One remaining player or that someone just SteamChat the last player if someone has the last player added on steam in order to avoid giving this valuable information to the opposing team and still speed things up a bit. So because I had the last remaining player on my friends list, I told the admin that I would message him and messaged him that he was the last one alive and to hurry up. 

Awaiting an updated status report on this ban or further dialogue.

-Salsa

Was there only one player remaining on one team, when the other team still had players? And you were not the admin at the time?

Artificially bypassing ACRE to tell the suriving player of his status as the only player alive, is considered a form of cheating in this community.

An admin may broadcast chat and or end the mission if the scenario is wasting people's time.

Yes. No I was not the admin. I agree it is a form of cheating. Yes I agree the admin should have done it not myself.  I was given approval by the admin and urged by many to PM him. I realize that they were being impatient and I gave in to their complaints. I simply broke SOP and shouldn't have listened to what the players and the admin told me to do.

I don't need any ban status change or anything, I mainly posted my first comment on this thread to get the backstory of what happened out there.

Thanks,

-Salsa

It was a TVT mission, and the message was directed at me. I don't feel the message was especially damaging to the outcome of the game, because I basically ignored it and I have had contact with Salsa since the message and I believe he won't do it again.

Sign in to follow this