Impulse 9

Removal Briland from MMO

Removal of Briland from MMO  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Removal of Briland from MMO

• Yes
    • No

I am requesting that Briland be removed from the "Mission Making Officer" position for being inactive. The following examples are major issues that need to be addressed, and that the Briland has failed to address himself.

• Briland has failed to communicate with his delegates about tasks related to the office. This can be seen in the mmo discord where the user's last response was on October 31, 2016, even after being requested to settle matters.
  • Briland has not maintained a quality level of mission making for the community. This can be seen in missions where over one thousand AI are spawned over the course of the mission, or when full arsenal access is given to all players for their use.
  • Briland has failed to be involved in any issues regarding mass broken missions. The most recent example is when ACRE_Game was removed, thus breaking a majority of the missions. The MMO failed to communicate anything to his delegates or to the mission makers.

This poll requires a simple majority vote lasting 2 weeks.

This poll has been put up at Regular Request.

I have not been inactive and this poll is unfounded. I will address the three points given in order.

1. Briland has failed to communicate with his delegates about tasks related to the office. This can be seen in the mmo discord where the user's last response was on October 31, 2016, even after being requested to settle matters.

Mission making office policy and SOPs have been set and have seen no significant changes since shortly after Fox D and I took office. All of my delegates were aware of the existing SOP and were instructed to come to me with any questions regarding policy. I have responded to every request made of me by personal message or on TeamSpeak since I took office.

Since the date given there were only four times my input was requested or a question had not already been answered correctly in the MMO_Private discord.

hHLGR8l.png
I spoke to Perfk on TeamSpeak about this.

PbzjNeP.png
I also spoke to Perfk in person on TeamSpeak about this.

QfJsY8E.png

tUwxKjQ.png

These were both the only complaints I received about either of these missions. I decided not to take action on either of these occasions; removal of missions because a single user thinks they "Should never see the light of day again" is not Office policy. Perhaps a simple "No" could have sufficed but was hardly necessary. I have had good experiences in game playing both of these missions. While neither of these missions are conventional UO missions, they fill a niche on the server as seeder missions. This type of mission, while not ideal, help improve server population at very low numbers allowing more peak time on the server.

2. Briland has not maintained a quality level of mission making for the community. This can be seen in missions where over one thousand AI are spawned over the course of the mission, or when full arsenal access is given to all players for their use.

The first mission mentioned had already had a broken mission thread submitted for it when it was brought to my attention.
The second mission (See above response to discord request 3 and 4). Also, Domination and Seeder ops were both standards during Arma 2, there is no rule against the presence of arsenal, and it is not alone enough to reject a mission.

3. Briland has failed to be involved in any issues regarding mass broken missions. The most recent example is when ACRE_Game was removed, thus breaking a majority of the missions. The MMO failed to communicate anything to his delegates or to the mission makers.

saBcNnP.png

This issue was taken care of in the MMO discord before I saw the discord message announcing the issue. My intervention was not required.

If at any time I become truly inactive with no return estimated or become a detriment to this community I will willingly step down of my own accord. Leaving the community without a Mission Making Officer, even if only temporarily, would be a detriment.

Also, Tinfoil was completely inactive from this community for over a year before he was removed. This poll is a sham quoting a period of inactivity fewer than two months, in which I was at most temporarily hard to reach.

In regards to the ACRE_GAME issue, that was an issue with the ACRE test build we pushed that week, it was not an MMO specific issue, which we did address later in the next few days. The release version that came out later addressed this issue in the public available version.

Voted no.

Uncertain of the origins of this poll, but it is a fairly good indicator that there is an apparent lack of transparency/communication that has resulted in.. well.. this poll. This is something the MMO should probably consider.

hHLGR8l.png

I spoke to Perfk on TeamSpeak about this.

PbzjNeP.png

I also spoke to Perfk in person on TeamSpeak about this.

Right so.. umm. i dont remember you talking to be about these.

But i guess the first image might be the reason, i do not have a great memory.

1st image: I still have no clue if both, or only one of the two options are allowed.

2nd Image: If you talked to me, then can i not see why i had to talk to VPope to get my name removed. - but again, i can have forgotten.

Request: 11/07-2016

Removed:  11/21-2016 (http://www.unitedoperations.net/w/index.php?title=Staff&action=history)

Do note that i did not put this vote up.

Voted No, as i believe that you still want the best for the office. But you might wanna put a little more time into:

A: Doing more for the office.

B: Making it more transparent if you are doing anything.

No,

He isn't active in mmo private channel just because recently there was no issues requiring his input.

2 and 3 aren't his fault and shouldn't be used as arguments for his removal.

Right so.. umm. i dont remember you talking to be about these.

But i guess the first image might be the reason, i do not have a great memory.

1st image: I still have no clue if both, or only one of the two options are allowed.

2nd Image: If you talked to me, then can i not see why i had to talk to VPope to get my name removed. - but again, i can have forgotten.

Request: 11/07-2016

Removed:  11/21-2016 (http://www.unitedoperations.net/w/index.php?title=Staff&action=history)

I recall having conversations with you about both these topics, I can not remember specifically when. We spoke about how because in the past certain modules broke spaces in mission names any valid space character would be accepted.

I also recall having a conversation about how activity, while still a factor, is not extremely important to stay on the review team; However, this conversation may have been when you resigned from Review Team Leader, I can't remember for certain although it makes more sense in the context of the latter.

I did not attempt to misrepresent facts, just recollecting to the best of my memory.

Voted No, as i believe that you still want the best for the office. But you might wanna put a little more time into:

A: Doing more for the office.

B: Making it more transparent if you are doing anything.

I can attempt to be more vocal about activities within the office, although I maintain that when things are status quo nothing needs to be done.

I am also working behind the scenes on a major project for the Office, and have been for a few weeks. A few individuals, including Impulse have known about this.

Edited by Briland

I have learned over the years that even when things are status quo its best to report it as status quo to avoid the image that things are not being done.  Presently there appears to be some internal issues that you may want to address in your department  as the MMO since its obvious these poll has originated from within it.

Currently voting no.