Sign in to follow this  
HellHound

Some soft g's and some HARD G's

Went out to San Antonio today for centrifuge training to practice my AGSM before getting in the T-45. F/A-18 profile up to 7.5 Gs

First pull is to find your resting G tolerance (6.3 for me), next pull is 6.5 for 30s, then 7 for 30s. This is followed by sustained 3 Gs, 12s @ 6 G, 10s @ 3 G, 12s @ 5G, 10 more at 3, then 12 more at 7.5 G. Last pull is 12s at 7.5G while "checking six". I turned my head so slow because you're spinning at 60mph and it is real easy to vomit if you move your head. Average resting tolerance is 4.6, I guess I'm just a freak. Your first two pulls after are supposed to be 1 G above resting and then 2, but they couldn't do it in my profile because F-18 is limited to 7.5 G.

My 5 and 6 G techniques were pretty sloppy, but I didn't do too bad at 7.5. I'm by no means a model example though, plenty of room for improvement.

"Grey out" - loss of color vision. No loss of normal vision associated with it though. Physiology is weird.

https://youtu.be/9meCPxlzzh4

fPRvrSQ.jpg

Edited by HellHound

Another reason not to become a pilot, i felt like whatever a T-17 can do was uncomfortable enough, almost puked just from that. Would not even want to try what you are doing there.

TFW you can't fly with your UOAF buddies because you're too busy learning to be a REAL pilot. 

7d9f13fe7fc9fba627f77137b611e49d.png

:sad:

Edited by Lexi

i did 4G in a rollercoaster a few weeks ago, i dont really want to imagine what 7,5G feels like...

Did some sustained 3G stuff in aerobatic plane years ago. This must have been fun.

Edited by Slider

i did 4G in a rollercoaster a few weeks ago, i dont really want to imagine what 7,5G feels like...

About 3.5 times worse :)