Sign in to follow this  
Thawk

Is this possible in ARMA 3?

I want to set up a type of training tool on ARMA 3, basically I want one person, let's call him the Primary, to be able to practice calling in fire on objects, people, vehicles etc and I want another person, the secondary, to be able to receive the information and fire on the target at the command of the FST. However I don't want the secondary person to have to actually operate the artillery piece, just input the grid, altitude, OT direction, number of rounds, type of ammunition and sheaf and the mission will conduct itself. Also the secondary would preferably be able to choose between a battery of 109s or a troop of 120s. They will be in the same room, so in-game comms isn't an issue.

Is this possible?

Edited by Thawk

Yeah, it should be possible. Would take some doing but is certainly within the realm of Arma's capabilities. There was a mod for Arma 2 that kinda did that kinda thing.

Edited by TinfoilHate

Any chance you (or anyone) could give me a hand with that at all? I'm trying to get something sorted for Monday, I assume a GM-like script would make it happen?

Piespy and Zumorc ran a FO course like this on arma 3. You can try contacting them for help.

Thanks, I'll give them a shout. If anyone else thinks they could manage it, I would very much appreciate it. I'm just not the best at coding so would struggle with that portion.